cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom 2704N Functionality

PaulCommute

Sagemcom 2704N Functionality

Have just taken the plunge to fibre and had a look for pdf manual for the 2704N router with no luck.  Looking in the forum it seems pretty basic.  I assume it doesn't allow MAC address control of devices, individual scheduling of device access, QOS settings to prioritise traffic, WLAN down times - all so I can manage my children's internet access - or does it.  I have a VIGOR 2710 which is great from this perspective with several switches daisy chained off it, so I can in effect manage all household devices.  Assuming that 2704N is as rubbish as it looks can anyone recommend an alternative fibre router?
3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Sagemcom 2704N Functionality

You should be able to achieve the access control - see attached screen grab. But I've seen nothing that allows any QoS settings. It is pretty well locked down - Logging into it using http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html/ and that will reveal some more functionality, but it won't be a great deal of help. 2nd screen grab gives you some idea.
You could download a pdf from here but it is for the non-Plusnet full version so not a great deal of help with this customised version.
There are various threads about the 2704n on this board, the ADSL board, and in particular the Hardware board, especially if you are into playing with configuration and firmware.
Your Vigor, albeit ADSL, is a much more superior beast altogether.
PaulCommute

Thanks for info.  Will wait and see what it can and can't do but guess I will be upgrading shortly.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just FYI, there will be a firmware upgrade in pipe, but when, what it will fix, what it will improve (or break) is yet unknown.