cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard not accessible

winterdune

Safeguard not accessible

I just switched back to Plusnet from John Lewis because JL, even though they are basically a part of Plusnet, don't have Safeguard. Plusnet was activated several days ago and the broadband is working OK, but I still cannot access Safeguard - I just get a screen which says it will be ready soon when the broadband is activated (which it already is). I have tried to sort this by using chat - but chat has never been available, and I have also raised a complaint, since there is no longer an option to raise a normal support ticket, but I have had no success with this route either. (I am beginning to realise that Plusnet's previously excellent customer service is a thing of the past.)

Does anyone know how I can get Safeguard working?
6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Safeguard not accessible

Hi @winterdune,

I'm sorry that Safeguard isn't working for you and for the inconvenience caused. You should hear back from our higher level escalations team regarding your complaint within five working days of when this was raised.

I've checked your account but haven't been able to determine why Safeguard isn't working. I've refreshed the portal components on your account to try and resolve this. Please let us know if you're still unable to access Safeguard.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
winterdune

I still cannot access it.  I have been on the phone today about it and it is to do with the next billing date on my account being incorrectly in the past which means it is not activated on my account.  The person I spoke to said he would have to escalate it to another team.  

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @winterdune,

I'm sorry that you are still unable to access Safeguard - thank you for letting me know what my colleague has advised.

Our back office team are currently looking into this issue and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
tcj1971
Rising Star

@winterdune

Similar to me so I opened a thread HERE 

Safeguard would not work for me so I opened a ticket on the 29th October last year but just got told it was a Low Priority matter Cheesy

However Safeguard started working a couple of weeks ago blocking whichever website I added to the Block Websites list. Now since the beginning of this week I got the screen you mention that says it will be ready soon when the broadband is activated etc...

As of Friday, this screen has now gone and I can now access the Log in to SafeGuard page which I am able to do and access the Safeguard page. But any websites added to the Block Websites page are NOT blocked now. It worked until the beginning of last week but not now

Nobody seems to know why Safeguard is not working at Plusnet or if it is just account specific, or completely down on all accounts 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We'll reply to your thread shortly, but unfortunately there's likely nothing we can do as we're already aware that Safeguard doesn't work correctly for a small number of our customers and we're working to fix this as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
enrico94
Dabbler

"small number of customers" seems to include quite a few, according to the help desk guy I chatted to.  It doesn't work for me - I get the "We're setting up your broadband" screen... and have done for several weeks.