cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO SLOW! Attainable Net Data Rate vs. Line rate

jrbj

SO SLOW! Attainable Net Data Rate vs. Line rate

Hi,

Over the past few months our internet has become slower and slower, to the point where things are not responding. I notice the huge difference between attainable and actual, has anyone got any good ideas?

All the normal things done: rebooted, updates firmware, tried another router, nothing made a difference. Now back to using the one supplied a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A. 

I presume there is nothing we can do here, its just down to PlusNet to try things and help...?

Stats below

Thank you

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: SO SLOW! Attainable Net Data Rate vs. Line rate

Hi @jrbj

As this appears to be a John Lewis Broadband account, you'd need to contact one of my colleagues on the dedicated John Lewis support number. They can be contacted on 0800 022 3300 and will be happy to take a look at this for you.

Best wishes

Dave

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

That looks remarkably like a 40/2 profile i.e 40Mb down and 2Mb up. If you're on the standard JL Fibre product (as apposed to the Extra ) then the down will be limited to 40Mb but I thought JL was a 40/10 product i.e 10Mb up like the normal PN product. If so it looks like you're on the wrong profile for some reason.

as @RandallFlagg says , you need to contact the JL support people , they should be able to do what's called a GEA test to check the profile.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jrbj

Thanks MisterW. Appreciate your time.

I’ve now upgraded and they say the order is complete on our line but no change in speed. The stats are identical. I’ve restarted the router but to no avail.... any thoughts?

Thanks
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

They may have just changed your product on the JL/Plusnet side and not actually completed the BT order yet.

As I said before someone needs to do a GEA test to check what profile the line is provisioned on

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.