Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

SNR

My line went through the SNR reduction from 6 to 3 and speeds went up by several Mbits. Then due to bad weather I got several disconnects and the SNR went back up to 6 and has stuck there for over 2 months.

Will it slowly drop again or do I need to get someone to give BTW a kick?

12 REPLIES 12
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: SNR

I wouldn't hold your breath. I had a repair done to a fault on my line in early January, and the target SNR has remained firmly on 6 dB ever since. It was at 3 dB for ages before that with no issues.

I believe the only way SNR can be reset for FTTC is as part of a fault repair, unless things have changed recently.

SteveA
Pro

Oh well.......

You would have thought that the system was clever enough to try again after a certain length of time.

maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

SteveA
Pro

Ring PN?

Maybe I'll wait until they've fixed the firmware bug I found.....

maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@maybeicanhelp wrote:

They can drop you back down at the click of a button.

I think this is not possible on FTTC (unlike ADSL).

maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

I thought Open Reach had rolled out the upgrade? Maybe I heard some wrong information. I thought it went live September/October time of last year?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

That the DLM can change the target SNRM does not mean that an ISP can adjust it at the click of a button.

More recently, the facility for an ISP to request a DLM reset on FTTC is being trialled, but this resets the profile back to the initial state, it does not allow the ISP to choose the parameters such as target SNRM to set it to.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@maybeicanhelp wrote:

I thought Open Reach had rolled out the upgrade? Maybe I heard some wrong information. I thought it went live September/October time of last year?

That is a trial to reset DLM for those that have had their lines banded nothing to do with adjusting the SNR which is still very much in the hands of DLMs auotmated process. 

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@maybeicanhelp wrote:

Upgrade?

You really need to change that user name.

maybeicanhelp
Dabbler

It was from some article I half read a while back, my bad.

Don't worry, wont be posting again. Enjoy yourself.

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

its about a problem the person has not about someones username why does it matter what they call themselves this place gets worse lol why not help the person in need of help with there line instead of picking things on peoples username .... it dont make sense