cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

yysnet

Re: SLOW Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

Hi I am happy to see another 01224 xxxxxx having the same problem. I just with plusnet for 2 days and the actual VDSL2 speed is 1M upload and 10M download. This is no difference than a normal ADSL however we are paying more for the vdsl package (the advertised estimation is 23M).

My house is around 1.2km away from the exchange and this may be the reason to be blamed. Sad

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@yysnet Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests are showing what's known as a 'Bridge Tap' which could be a internal issue especially as your order was a self install.

Do you have the router connected to the master socket?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
missile
Grafter
Fixes: 2

yysnet

Thanks Matt for the reply. As not been in the house for long, we do not have the wiring information of the telephone line. Will take a close look and do some investigation and post here.

Actually I am not concern about download speeds but upload speeds as something like 8M download will cover most of daily application. The major reason switch to FTTC is while playing online games, will need some upload bandwidth for voice hence 1M upload we get here is not good enough.

Is plusnet possible to control the upload bandwidth? Say 3M up 7M down rather than 1M up and 10M down at the moment? 

Many thanks.

yysnet

@MatthewWheeler 

Have tried used the master port makes no difference. We do not plugin the landline phone as well.

Router TD-W9980

Link speed, Up: around 1200k, Down: around 11000k

SNR not good, both up and down stay at around 5.9dB

We are 0.7 mile walking distance from the exchange so wire may be longer.

Estimation is:

"

The estimated broadband speed range for your line is between 17Mb and 23.8Mb

"

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@yysnet The maximum upload speed you can get on your fibre package is 2mbps but your speeds at the moment are lower then this.

I'd recommend raising a fault here https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
missile
Grafter

The order has been accepted by our suppliers. We're in shape for the 20th. There's no foreseeable issues, clear sailing from here. Are you ok to keep us posted?

This is now 29th and my Fibre Broadband is less than 10Mbps. I am really disappointed, with your poor customer service. Wish I had never joined Plusnet. How do I raise a customer complaint?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@missile

Start here http://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
missile
Grafter

Customer Complaint

I am not happy with the poor service provided by PlusNet.

I contracted Fibre broadband. I spoke with several of your personnel before you told me that you had installed ADSL by mistake. I was told you would rectify this on 20th May. This did not happen. Once again, I have spoken with several of your personnel who seem unable to help.

Eventually in despair, I asked to cancel and was told there would be a cancellation charge. I was particularly annoyed with the attitude of your operator [CSA Removed]. She was extremely unsympathetic. She told me her shift finished in 30 minutes and this seemed more important to her than attempting to resolve my complaint.

I consider Plusnet to be in breach of my contract and I would like to terminate WITHOUT penalty. I await a response from her manager.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing, I'll allow our complaints team to respond to the complaint ticket you've opened.

Looking at the speed side of things I can see you reported a fault on Sunday for this, that's great, thanks.

Initial testing of your line isn't showing any problems at all:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Are the speedtests you're doing over a wired or wireless connection?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
missile
Grafter

My speed has now been increased to:

16.62Mbps download / 1.70Mbps upload.

Far less than predicted and the speed I previously provided by BT.

I have received a response to my complaint,

"I tried to locate the call between yourself and M... and unfortunately it failed to record. Our system only records some calls for training purposes and sadly, this was one of the calls not recorded. I am very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our agents and I will feed back to M... to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Looking through the account I don't believe we are in breach of contract, if you were to cancel the account the early termination charges will stand."

So much for "award winning customer service".  <LOL>

missile
Grafter

I am pleased to report speed has shot up this morning to

Download 39.83 Mbps Upload 2.09 Mbps ping 138.

I am still disappointed that it has taken more than 4 weeks for PlusNet to provide the speed promised and hope this will prove to be a reliable service.

missile
Grafter

I spoke too soon Cry

I received circa 40Mbps on 01.06.2016 only, since then my speed has fallen and today it is 8.62Mbps

I must have been crazy to believe the PlusNet adverts Crazy3