cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/N up Broadband speed down, " yet again"!

smilers63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

S/N up Broadband speed down, " yet again"!

My profile seems to have reverted back to setting the s/n to around 11dB again, meaning the speed has been dropped back to 23Mbs. Can you initiate a 'retrain' and maybe change my profile to stop this happening again.

Opera Snapshot_2020-01-23_150957_192.168.1.1.png

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post in a 'fixed' thread  removed in favour of this thread..
24 REPLIES 24
smilers63
Rising Star

Re: S/N up Broadband speed down, " yet again"!

Will someone pickup please.

btwhtestfd 2250 240120.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @smilers63 

Apologies for the delayed response. Our tests are showing your line speed artificially restricted at 25mbps with no obvious causes as to why so I've arranged for a DLM reset which should go through within the next 3 working days.

Let us know if you've not seen an increase afterwards so we can investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Gandalf, thankyou for your response, I will wait and see. I will keep you posted.
From running Bt dsl check, I see the restrictions were first observed on the 7 th January. This appears to happen every 5 weeks if you look at the historic view of my account.
Thanks again K.R
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, if this happens again I'd recommend we arrange an engineer to try to get to the root cause for this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Hello Gandalf, back to square one I 'm afraid.20 Mbs download 7 Mbs upload.
I accept a possible charge. Available dates for engineer visit are. 14th,17th 18th, 19th February all 8:00am to 1:pm.
Thanks Kev R
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning Kev. I've raised a new fault to our suppliers (as the previous one closed in their system due to a lack of inactivity) and I'm just waiting for the system to give me the option to book the engineer.

As soon as I've been able to I'll update your support ticket with the details. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Many thanks.

smilers63
Rising Star

Hello Gandalf,
Thankyou for all your time and effort you have put in.
My actual download is 31.5 Mbs, uploads 7.0Mbs. Reduced from 35.8/8.0 when latest engineer present.
I will give it a week and keep you posted.
Thanks Again Anoush,
Kev
(what fix have BTW been able to overnight?)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev, thanks for the post back. No problem I'm glad to see we're finally making some progress and your speeds are back up now with miniminal errors on the line. Thumbs_Up We've not been told what changes had been made, but hopefully that's sorted moving forward now. I'm going to check back on Monday next week to see how things are after a few days.

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Good afternoon Gandalf,
Things appear to be going south again, download now 28.0, upload 6.5 Mbs. snr downlink Up to 8.1 from 6.0. Slow Internet.
Cheers Kev.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev, I'm sorry to see your speeds have dropped down again. Line tests are showing this and that there are still errors showing on the line so we'd need to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further unfortunately.

Could you add a reply to your fault ticket 198302370 with some dates you'd be free for a visit? Preferably an afternoon slot, my thinking is that I can ask the engineer to call us and if I'm in the office (This week I'm working late shifts) the adviser can transfer the call to me and I'd be able to explain the fault in the hope that assists with the investigation. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,
Thank you for your input. Engineer soak tested main socket for 10 mins no errors found, then soak test to router for 10 mins no errors showing. Left test gear connected at socket andretested line at cabinet found 100's faults per second at cabinet. Outcome did a lift and shift at cab to new port, ( speeds have now increased) engineer suggested monitor over next week to 10 days.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev, thanks for the update.

Our tests are still showing an enormous amount of errors on your line though, yesterday when I tested it was 465 within a 15 minute period and today it's 186. I've passed this back to our suppliers again, but if the errors aren't causing a noticeable issue, that's good and we'll see how things go over the next week or so.

Let me know if you do notice any problems though. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Speeds still dropping, Monday am for engineer will be fine.
Thanks again Anoush.
Kev. R