cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/N goes up and download speed goes down....again!

FIXED
chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: S/N goes up and download speed goes down....again!

Have replied via the question.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks Ian, I'll respond back in a moment

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star

Sadly my speed has sunk down to 23Mbs again despite some days of less dropped connections.

Do I need to go through the process of raising yet another incident log or can you initiate a reset to the line?

Ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Ian, I'm sorry to see your speed's dropped back down.

Our tests aren't showing your speed's artificially restricted at this level. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star

I've raised another fault as requested.

Ian.

smilers63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello Anoush,

I hope you are well and keeping safe.

My line has now been stable for a number of weeks with a decent download /upload speed(33 Mbs/09 Mbs), therefore  I think that the swap of connections on the last underground cable length to the drop pole outside my property did the trick.

I would now call the fault FIXED.( Just a pity it took 8 engineers to find it and approx 12 months)

However many thanks for your help Anoush which without, the debacle would no doubt be still ongoing.

Many Thanks again 

Kev R

Stay safe out there.........FIXED....FIXED

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev thanks for the post back, it's really good to see your connection's finally fixed.

No problem, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Stay safe.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonthemorsk37
Hooked

Awesome. At least once a day I lose the broadband connection, and the speed I get is half what it is normally. So you really did do a great job of fixing my problem didn't you. I cant wait to get out of this contract with you pack of jokers. Still awaiting my phonecall about the 'goodwill gesture' you mentioned. I know you asked for a convenient time, but is a phonecall beyond your corporate capability. Call whenever you want.

Go on, blame the corona virus.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jonthemorsk37, thanks for your time.

I have sent an email just to outline our discussion, this can also be viewed on the account here .

I'll speak with you on Wednesday but please just get back to me in the meantime if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
smilers63
Rising Star

Hello Anoush,
I spoke too soon, from the very next day from my last post(2weeks ago), my download speed has been dropping. Now at 28Mbs The snr has raised from. 6.5 to 10 on download however the upload speed is still at 9.5 Mbs snr 6.1.
I can not see any reason for this as it was stable at approx 34 Mbs download from 20th March until May 1st.
Many thanks Kev. R
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kev. I'm sorry to see your speed has dropped. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smilers63
Rising Star

Good morning Anoush,
I have raised a fault ticket as requested.
Many thanks
Kev. R
chroma2000
Rising Star

You're problems sound exactly like mine and probably many other customers too if they ever bothered to check their connection speeds. I've been having endless visits for over a year with the repeated cycle of 'fixing' followed by an eventual fall in speed to 60% of what it should be. The engineer who improved it for the longest period of several months said it was due to the aluminium content wiring that was used in the late 60's to early 70's which are no good for broadband and cause excess transmission errors which eventually cause the line management to keep reducing the speed to try and compensate.. Unfortunately I assume Openreach do not want to replace the wiring  voluntarily unless enough customers complain to make it economically worthwhile to offset engineer's time.

Ian.

smilers63
Rising Star

Hello chroma2000,
I think you are correct, I am also informed by the numerous engineers, that I am on aluminium cable and that is the cause of all the problems. However BTW are reluctant to replace the offending cable's.
Thanks for your reply Ian.
Kev. R
chroma2000
Rising Star

Well despite having over 4 days without any disconnections my speed has now fallen even further to 21Mbs (snr now up to 12dB).

I know resetting the line management is not a priority at present but I'm still paying the same monthly charges for a reduced service that has now continued for nearly a month. 

Ian.