cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/N goes up and download speed goes down....again!

FIXED
jonthemorsk37
Hooked

Re: S/N goes up and download speed goes down....again!

Inconvenience? I work away Monday to Friday so my wife has to deal with the three kids, so asking her to stay in ALL morning or ALL afternoon just for the engineer to tell her that it is not a fault at our property, which it isnt. It wasnt one week ago and as it is the same fault, why would it be now. It is very easy to type the word sorry. So easy that I doubt you even care. And as for not being "pass the buck" I pay you for my internet services, even when you are in breach of that contract apparently, so yes, you have passed the buck. Do yopu really think I care one way or the other who is to blame? No. You are to blame. I pay YOU money for this. Goodwill gesture? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I pay for a minimum of 15Mbps and am currently getting about 6, so I expect my bill to refect that. Not goodwill, you charging me for the breach of contract that you have made is not goodwill my friend.

Can I be released from this Faustian contract or what? You being in breach of it and all.......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @jonthemorsk37 

I'm sorry to see you feel we're in breach of contract. Unfortunately broadband isn't a guaranteed service and it can develop faults from time to time. As we've not even nearly exhausted the faults investigation process I'm afraid at this stage we won't be in a position to waive any early termination fees should you decide to leave during a contract term.

It's also worth noting that if you do go to another provider, you'd likely experience the same issues because all providers use the Openreach infrastructure. We wish we could send out an engineer externally however this is not possible as the fault in the Openreach systems is closed and the only way to re-open the fault is by booking an engineer visit because line tests do not show an external fault for us to be able to raise a non appointed task.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonthemorsk37
Hooked

Maybe if you spent more time fixing faults first time than sending half baked emails?

"Unfortunately broadband isn't a guaranteed service " So why do you guarantee 15 Mbps then?

These faults were all exhausted the first time I reported this,  So again, the problem is with you and your getting rodded off by BT but I am the one who has to pay the cost. Is my 25 quid a week SO precious to you that you will make me stay even though you are a [-Censored-] company? I would have left. Id be gone, but your bloke begged me to stay. THAT was when all these problems started. When I was paying through the nose for my broadband, because you couldnt get it together to tell me, but hey, I guess that is someone elses fault and not yours too right? I didnt have a seconds trouble. 

Queue some lame fob off from some desk jokey that wont change the fact that I am the one getting [-Censored-]ed about and paying 25 quid a month for the privilege.

Your company is [-Censored-].

Queue desk jokey telling me not to swear.

Who do \I speak to in order to elevate this into a formal complaint?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Your speeds are guaranteed in the way that if we can’t bring your speeds up to above your minimum guaranteed speed within 30 days of a fault investigation then we’d allow you to leave your contract term without penalty.

The 30 days would account for the days we spend fixing the issue as opposed to waiting for you to carry out steps we’d ask.

I can confirm we are dealing with this as a complaint however that doesn’t mean that in this instance it’ll change the outcome I’m afraid. 

If you want to know more about our complaints process please see our complaints code of practice here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonthemorsk37
Hooked

I take it you mean 30 days from the original unfixed error then?

jonthemorsk37
Hooked

"The 30 days would account for the days we spend fixing the issue as opposed to waiting for you to carry out steps we’d ask"

Getting snotty is your idea of customer service is it? Or is customer service something else your company farms out?Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m sorry if my response came across that way, that absolutely was not my intent. 

There can be various legitimate reasons for a fault investigation to be put on hold for example you’d take the time to carry out troubleshooting steps or you’re finding the time to arrange for someone to be home for an engineer visit. 

We realise that life is busy, and we appreciate the inconvenience this causes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jonthemorsk37
Hooked

Another great from Plusnet. You designated engineer (BT because you dont have any) showed up at my house in September, but despite the A4 sign in the window saying that the doorbell didn't work, and to stick his head in the door and shout, didn't do it. Now you are billing me £65 for missing an appointment, despite my phoning up on the day AND when I got the notification. You still needed to go and check, basically calling me a liar, with BT who, indeed, did not have the required photograph of attendance (as it would have clearly had my sign in it) You want the money and will credit my account. Lucky I am not hard up for your extortionate money grabbing fee isn't it. 

Secondly, you said something about a good will gesture. Clearly a massive lie, because I have had a £65 bill for something that wasn't my fault.

Cue you banging on about this not being your fault and an oversight and BTs fault and Brexit

If I could get out of this contract and leave today I would. I tell everyone who mentions broadband to avoid you like the HIV virus. You, and Sky. At least you aren't as bad as Sky, so there is always that liferaft in a sea of ineptitude to cling to right?

jonthemorsk37
Hooked

@Gandalf  you not going to give me another lukewarm yet unconvincing appology?

Who decided that this is fixed? It clearly isnt.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to hear that. Let me look into this for you when I'm in the office tomorrow. As a heads up I'm not in the office this weekend and while we aim to respond to a thread as quickly as we can, we can't always provide an immediate response. 

With regards to the fix, that's reserved for the original poster and from what I can see you're not the original poster. This thread may well be fixed in the original poster's eyes. Having said that apart from the fact it says 'Fixed' your posts are still very visible for us to read. 

Going back on to what you've posted about, it may be easier to give you a call especially if we're due to offer a goodwill gesture, would there be a good time tomorrow? I'm in from 9 to 5:30

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jonthemorsk37 From what I can see we credited the engineer charge on the 11th January before it was applied to your bill. With regards to a goodwill gesture can you advise when you'd be free for a call?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

After a period of stable speeds of around 33Mbs, despite on average dropping out once a day usually in the early hours, my connection has now nose dived over the last few days down to around 23Mbs again whilst the S/N has gone up to around 12dB so I am back where I was a few months ago.

The original fault was under Incident No 194542193.

Ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @chroma2000 

I'm sorry to see that the problems are back. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any causes for this so we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to progress this as a fault with our suppliers.

Can you report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and post back afterwards? Although if you're self-isolating or showing flu like symptoms, we currently won't be able to arrange a visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chroma2000
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for your reply.

I have opened the following question:

Question 200187451
This is the return of a problem that I had last year.
The download connection speed has progressively dropped over the last few days from 33Mbs to 23Mbs whilst the S/N has gone up from around 6dB to 12dB.
After numerous engineer visits last year the line eventually became stable for around 3 months but has now deteriorated again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @chroma2000 

I've just progressed the fault now and added a reply to your ticket 200187451

I'll respond back as soon as I can once you've got back to me

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet