cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

FIXED
Des2
Grafter

Re: Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

Hi Plusnet,

This problem has started again. It is very infuriating and is not something I have ever encountered with another broadband provider....

What is the issue with the dynamic IP addresses being assigned by you to customers such as me that a mainstream app and website like Ryanair will not allow me to book a flight !?

Assuming you are unwilling to address this issue with Ryanair directly (which you really ought to do as it would be much more straightforward for both parties without me sitting in the middle of the conversation) then will you please let me know the details of my IP address (ie what is my address ? is it a former foreign address that has been reconfigured by yourselves ? etc etc) so that I can contact them directly. Thanks.

As an aside, the handling of this issue will feature in my decision whether or not to renew my contract with you next month. Along with millions of others in this country I need to use my broadband to book flights with Ryanair. If I am unable to do this with Plusnet then I clearly need to consider alternative broadband providers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Des2

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Des2, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having further issues when trying to access the Ryanair app currently. Looking over your account and connection I can't see anyhting which would explain the limitation.

I've raised a ticket on your account which can be seen below with details surrounding your IP address:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219235184

Let us know how it goes and if any of the suggestions look to help.

Des2
Grafter

Hi BD,

Thanks for getting back to me. As this thread shows it is a long-standing issue. Previous investigations including switching me to a fixed IP (which I would have preferred to keep as the RA app and site worked perfectly with this) indicated that my original dynamic IP was formally a US address (even though it was always a U.K. one for me) and that this might well be the issue. 

I do hope that your team can get to the bottom of this. Please keep me in the loop.

Des

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You can pay a one off £5 charge for static ip
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Des2
Have you contacted Ryan Air with the information I’d given previously Here? This came straight from our networks team at the time when I raised this for investigation 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Des2
Grafter

Hi Anoush,

I never contacted them as you asked because once you put me back on a dynamic IP the app continued to work for a few days so I wrongly thought something must have changed between the old dynamic IP and the new one. Then I never looked at the app again until the last couple of days only to discover that the same issue has started again.

Is my current IP also an ex US one geolocating to the U.K. ? If so then I shall endeavour to explain the issue to them....

But I must be honest and say that over many years I have never had any such issues with my previous broadband providers. So whilst I cannot fault all the help I have received on this forum it is frustrating that this isn’t an issue for your tech team to raise directly with Ryanair rather than through me as it is clearly an inconsistency between the way Plusnet and Ryanair do things with regards to IP addresses rather than anything that I am doing as a Plusnet customer.

Ryanair is a very big and popular website/app so I would think it to be of genuine technical interest to your tech team to understand and fix the issue as fully as possible should this happen to other Plusnet customers....

But if it is up to me to chase the solution then I shall do so. Please confirm if my IP address is of the same type as before ?

Regards,

Des

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi Des, thanks for getting back to me. 

It’s possible between August and now you’ve got a different dynamic IP, either back onto the original affected one or another, assuming the issue’s the same. 

This isn’t an issue per se with your broadband but something on Ryan Air’s end they’d need to update. We can try contacting them which may be through similar paths you can take, but I can’t guarantee we’d be successful so it may be easier if you do as you’re ultimately their (prospective) customer. 

Appreciate though you shouldn’t have to do this. 

We’ll check this tomorrow to see if it’s the same issue and if we’re able to investigate further from our side. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Des2, I am really sorry that the issue has returned.

I have raised a new task to our Net Ops to query this further for you but in the meantime, have again added a static IP to see if this resolves the issue, can you please reboot your router and let us know how things are.

Once we have a response back from our team we will let you know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hsbc1972
Grafter

hi, ive just found this thread, having posted something simliar a minute ago.

This is a problem that I have had for a long time and can confirm that I and presume others have the same problem as reported by @Des2.

My mobile data works fine but when using WIFI on my mobile or laptop after a few searches or maybe just one the replies is either the 'ooopps' error message  when using the app on my mobile or by the blue circle going round and round when using the laptop.

I dont recall having this problem when I was a TalkTalk customer.

Des2
Grafter

Hi there hsbc...

Obviously this is annoying for both of us but at least we know we are not alone. Like you say, the app works for a bit then the “Ooops ....” box appears, then it won’t work on any device attached to that WiFi seemingly until the following day.....and like you I never had this issue with TalkTalk.... but that said everything else about them was inferior to Plusnet.....

Plusnet people, I’m very sorry indeed for not replying to your messages in recent days and I really do appreciate your efforts to solve this problem. Sadly I have some other emergency business that has occurred in the last week which takes precedence. As things stand I have not rebooted over to the static IP and have not tried the Ryanair app in recent days. If you are able to get to the bottom of this problem now that we know I am not alone then that would be great. But right now addressing this issue will have to go on hold from my end as I have bigger healthcare priorities needing my attention. I hope you understand.....

Good luck to all in getting to the bottom of this issue. I would be grateful to be kept in the loop.

Des

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hsbc1972,

Just to clarify, are you experiencing these issues solely with the Ryanair App as the OP has reported, or is this affecting all online services on your end?

Hi @Des2,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. This thread will remain open for some time, so once you're ready to discuss the matter further, please just post an update onto the thread and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Des2
Grafter

THanks Alex.

I suspect the same occurs with other airline apps and recall the odd issue (maybe Wizzair ?) from months ago. All these apps like to geolocate to the nearest airport for booking so maybe that is causing a conflict.....

the strangest thing is that once it fails on one device it immediately fails on all devices until the next day so it is clearly an IP and date stamp issue....

hsbc1972
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ 

Hi, The Ryanair site is the only thats causing me any problems.

It's been happening for months and I thought originally it was the Ryanair app/website as everytime it happened to me I asked my wife to do the same search on her mobile and it gave the same error. In desperation I decided to post here today and find that there are at least one other person with the same problem, there will be others. I only wish I had done it when it first happened.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm sorry to hear that's the case @hsbc1972. I've had a look over the case again and there's something I want to try, to see if it will work in this situation. Tonight, just before you go to bed, please could you turn the router off and leave it that way overnight? Once you're up again tomorrow morning, just turn it back on and see if the same errors occur. If you update this thread to let us know how you get on with this, we'll be happy to pick the case back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
hsbc1972
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ @Des2 

Router turned off all night and high hopes that it would be ok this morning. I have just done 10 searches on the Ryanair website on my mobile before I got the usual 'ooopps error. oh dear an error has occurred have another go. Laptop is also not responding to any Ryanair search requests.

My disappointment was increased as the results of one of the 10 successful searches showed a flight I recently booked to Tenerife for December has now dropped to £5 ! Heyho.