cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

FIXED
hsbc1972
Grafter

Re: Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

Any news?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good morning @hsbc1972, I am sorry for the delay in you getting an update. I have checked on the task and have provided the latest update here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219907858.

Let us know how things go.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hsbc1972
Grafter

@LaurenB 

@BD 

Hi LaurenB

Thanks for your reply.

The latest I have is the following post from 2 weks ago that recognises that a new ip address was assigned but it hasn't resolved the problem and was being returned to the back end team to investigate.

Hi @hsbc1972, thanks for getting back to us and confirming you tried the router powered down last night. I can confirm this had the desired effect when looking over your account as a new dynamic IP address was assigned to you however this address also looks to have an incorrect geolocation when checking https://www.iplocation.net/ip-lookup

In which case I've raised this to our back end team to investigate and hopefully resolve the 2 IP issues you've seen. In the meantime, if you power the router down for 65 minutes or longer at some point then this should assign you another IP address hopefully resolving the issue in the meantime.

The problem as originally described still happens and powering the router down for 65 minutes is not resolving the problem.

hsbc1972
Grafter

@LaurenB 

If I need to reboot the router again to get the static IP address I am of course happy to do that, I just need to know thats whats required. I havent been asked to do anything since @BD  post.

Des2
Grafter

Hi PN,

Just to say that I I’m a still here and monitoring the situation. As already explained my focus is on personal issues elsewhere but in due course I would hope this problem will be resolved for me too. It seems you are slowly making progress with the geolocation issues of some of your dynamic IPs being assigned to customers so that is good news. When you moved me over to a static IP it solved the issue so I suspect the same will happen for hsbc. But hopefully in due course everything will work with a standard dynamic IP without the need for the static IP fix.

I continue to monitor this thread when I receive email alerts of new posts. The issue is still a live one for me.

Rgds,

Des

hsbc1972
Grafter

When a router is rebooted how do you know you have a static ip address rather than a dynamic one?
Des2
Grafter

Hi hsbc, you can’t tell. They will switch you over to a static one on their system then ask you to reboot and you will be assigned that address. Then in my experience the problem will stop. Then after a while they will want to reassign you back to a dynamic IP and ask you to reboot again to go back and the problem will return.

I do not know the security issues of static versus dynamic IPs but would prefer the default dynamic IPs to work as required....

As already explained, PN offered me a permanent static IP for a one off payment of £5 which I declined.

HTH

Des

hsbc1972
Grafter

@Des

Thanks for the info. Clearly I'm still on a dynamic ip address as the problem is still happening.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @hsbc1972, yes please can you reboot the router as requested. Once done, give us a nudge and I'll check if it's changed our side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hsbc1972
Grafter

@LaurenB 

Hi , router booted this morning and left off for 1hr+.

Chris

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me Chris. I've had a check and can now see that you're on the new static IP.

Can you give things a try and let us know if you're still having the same issues?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
hsbc1972
Grafter

@Lauren
@Des
The problem hasn't happened for the last 2 days.

Chris
Des2
Grafter

If you are now on the static IP it comes as no surprise to me that the problem has gone away. You are exactly where I was a couple of months ago. When they put you back on the dynamic IP in a few days (which will require another reboot) then I expect the problem to return.....