cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude technical staff

Jharvey

Rude technical staff

After over 2 months of problems and various engineer visits I am still only getting slow wireless speeds, we used to get around 30mbps now we get in the low teens.  Nothing has changed in the house. Sometimes it isn’t even strong enough to bring up pictures on Facebook when there is no one else in the house. Yes I get you cannot guarantee WiFi speeds but why has mine got so shockingly bad.  

Tonight I spoke to a technician who was very rude and spoke to me in a condescending tone and kept asking “why I was phoning and what did I want them to do”! I just want the service I am paying for.  He even suggested I was lying when I told him someone from Plusnet phoned me on my mobile to say we had a split line and they’d get openreach out and if they didn’t come the fault would be escalated.  I got so annoyed I hung up crying.  Great customer service and I’d waited nearly half an hour trying to get through. I moved from BT as I thought Plusnet customer service was second to none.  From what I have experienced I do not agree.  😡😡😡

2 REPLIES 2
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Rude technical staff

The service from plusnet over the past few months is .....
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Rude technical staff

Hi @Jharvey, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that you were so upset by our adviser. We've listened to the call and will ensure to feedback internally where appropriate.

We've run several diagnostics on the line which aren't detecting a problem and given your comments re: the kids gaming wirelessly we can be fairly sure that it's a wireless problem.

With regards the problem - Coming from a gaming background myself I can't stress enough how gaming (unlike streaming that can buffer ahead or browsing that can load bits at a time) needs a constant connection so it can transfer small packets of data forward and back updating the game/server as to what actions you're doing.

A wireless signal can be interfered with by a huge number of things and certainly isn't ideal for gaming. I'd always suggest a wired connection over Ethernet cable for a solid constant connection and if a trailing Ethernet cable isn't ideal we'd recommend to look into power line adapters as they use a houses electric wiring to transfer a much more solid signal.

With regards the call to your mobile, we're not showing any calls like this noted on your account, which we'd certainly expect to see in this instance. Did you perchance note down the telephone number that called you?