Rubbish fibre extra speeds for 11 months

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Rubbish fibre extra speeds for 11 months

No problem @alandfisher

Fingers crossed it goes well!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alandfisher
Dabbler

@Gandalf 

Hi, the Engineer has been and done the necessary line checks on the 80/20 line etc.

My own speed test this morning @ 0740hrs came back at  20.11 Down and 6.75 Up with 13 m/s ping.

Engineer test @ 0900 came back at 25 Down and 8.3 Up.

Engineer reporting the cable losing 40mb over distance of 300 metres from cabinet, and escalating the request for cable change.

Report references from visit in May = 13753665

Reference for today's visit 21 Nov = 13893910

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the overview @alandfisher 

Engineer notes we've received don't state anything other than no fault was found sending the fault report back to us in a cleared state, however hopefully their efforts to escalate the cable work in the background proves to be fruitful.

Having said that I've emailed our suppliers escalation team asking them to email the engineer for an update on the cable work you've said they've advised they're going to get arranged.

I'll let you know when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alandfisher
Dabbler

@Gandalf 

Just for clarification, the engineer who recently visited and visited previously in May has apparently, in his reports requested/advised cable replacement to the powers that be. Whether that will be acted upon remains to be seen.

The engineer never guaranteed the work will be completed, but he did say that rather than tagging on the latest visit to the previous visit in May he would create a new request, stating multiple requests may be more fruitful.