cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish broadband

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Re: Rubbish broadband

No, not that i am aware. This mornings results included. Could not run further testing app as not enough bandwidth.bt speedtest wholesale 04-11-2019 02.pngbt speedtest wholesale 04-11-2019 03.pngbt speedtest wholesale 04-11-2019.png

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Re: Do not bill me.

I build, run and maintain my own crypto mining rigs, I trade crypto, I trade Forex, the broadband dropping out costs me hundreds of pounds per week potentially, this has been going on for months, Why should i pay for something i am not getting?it's not just a case of watching a film, losing money is not good for my health, and i'll stick with my brief for legal advice, thanks all the same, I think you may have to much soy in your life. Keep my head down and don't make a fuss? Not really my style. If you are orbiting the planet earth any time soon, do drop me another line. PS. I don't care about your feelings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is evidently a business venture you are operating here, as the post above implies, so I hope this issue is in relation to a business connection and not a residential one. Just something to consider before you spend any money on court proceedings.

😬

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Topics merged from same OP, creating new topics on the same subject doesn't help either staff or customers.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @secretsurfer101 and thanks for getting back to us.

Looking over the speed tests you've sent through to us both on this ticket and the Forums we can see there looks to be a throughput issue. This meaning we are seeing and testing the right speeds getting to the router however from the router to your devices the speed is pretty much non existent.

The last few things I'd recommend to check before progressing this forwards for an engineer visit would be:

When you're running your speed tests, are there any other devices/applications using the connection at the time? This could be what's causing the speed tests to show next to nothing download if your bandwidth is being used elsewhere. If you are then we'd recommend running a speed test with no other applications/devices using the connection at the time to get a true reading.

If the above is no cause for concern then the next thing we'd advise it trying a different ethernet port and cable that your PC is connected to. This being that if there's a fault with the port or cable it could be limiting your download speeds and save the need of an engineer appointment getting your connection back up and running sooner.

And lastly, although we rarely see it and I very much doubt it will be effecting you as your streaming is advising of low bandwidth too, but we'd recommend trying another speed test just to make sure they are similar to the BT Wholesale one. We are aware some customers when testing get false readings from that particular tester so a second test is always good measure.

If non of these above checks have resolved the issue then we'd recommend getting back to the ticket below we've raised with the information required for us to progress this to an engineer visit for you.

Your fault ticket can be seen here.

Feel free to drop us a message on here after updating the fault ticket and we'll get the engineer appointment booked for you.

Also, as @Anonymous pointed out, if you're using a residential account for business purposes then we'd recommend looking to upgrade your account. This can be done by giving our business sales team a call directly on 08000232221 and they're open Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Why is it a business venture? you know nothing about me. Mind your own mate, get a hobby.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Why is it a business venture? Because you said it was in post 17 above!