cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish broadband

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Rubbish broadband

My fibre constantly drops out, I have slow speeds, when i talk to technical, they keep telling me everything is fine, it is clearly not, had to wait 20 mins to run the BT test they wanted me to perform because i had no internet, what a joke!!! When i was finally able to run the test i got 27Mbs, for super fast fibre? There is clealy a problem, Plusnet don't seem willing or able to resolve the issue, so i will be cancelling unless something is done, are there any admins on here? If so, I would contact me if you want to keep me as a customer, Simon Davies

21 REPLIES 21
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Rubbish broadband

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @secretsurfer101

I'm really sorry to hear you're having connection issues.

I've tested your line today and I can see you're currently receiving 75.9Mbps. This is in line with your estimated range of 59-80Mbps.

With this in mind, I'm leaning toward the assumption that you're devices are connecting wirelessly and if this is the case, you may be experiencing some Wi-Fi interference or similar.

Firstly take a look at our troubleshooting guides HERE.

Could you try changing the wireless channel you're connecting on to see if this gives you a more consistent wireless connection. If using a hub one router, it may also be worth de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies by changing the SSID for one of them so your devices doesn't automatically try switching between these.

More information on changing wireless settings can be found HERE.

More information on de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies can be found on the following thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

What a load of utter nonsense. Every time you people "test" my broadband,it's the same result, 75mbs!!! Imagine that, top speed and no faults!!! So you are leaning towards the fact that it must be the customer at fault and couldn't possibly be Plusnet? Laughable. For your information, my tower is hard wired into my router, a new router that you sent almost immediately after i started the contract because of slow speeds/dropout. I have now tested the connection 3 times in the last fortnight, on the official BTspeedtest.wholesale app, and have speeds ranging from 12-27mbs, that is of course, after waiting some time to do the test BECAUSE I HAD NO INTERNET AGAIN. The test concluded that there was indeed a fault with the fibre broadband, and, after explaining to Plusnet "technical" support that i now had 3 separate screenshots of faulty/slow internet results, and that this is clearly a breach of contract, and that i would see you in court, the issue is now being taken care off by an engineer. You really should try and keep up with what is actually happening, rather than just trying to fob me of with the usual Plusnet script, even your own people have now admitted that there is obviously a fault, and here you are trying to feed me this rubbish? Are you able to provide me with a screenshot of this "test" result? I have provided your company with the screenshots of my tests, I feel that is only fair? Have a nice day.

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Worst broadband ever.

So, I've had the usual script being regurgitated to me by the gormless dead, utter nonsense as usual, wi-fi interference, all the usual excuses i have come to expect from Plusnet, anything but admit they are at fault, had to wait 30 mins this morning to use my internet, no internet as usual, and they have the nerve to send me an email asking if the issue has been resolved? Technical support? Some of these people would struggle to open a can of beans, sick of this, anyway, here are this mornings test results, got to be honest, I didn't think it was possible, but Plusnet actually suck and blow at the same time? Amazing, any admins here? Hello, anybody there? Anybody at all? Don't you want to talk anymore? I can only post one attachment? Wonder why? Have a nice day.

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Worst broadband ever

This mornings test results.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Worst broadband ever

Moderators Note

Several topics by OP merged and other duplicate ones removed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @secretsurfer101

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your service.

We've made some changes which should help things.

Can you retest the speeds now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Here are this mornings speeds. Slow as usual.bt speedtest 02-11-2019 9.00am.pngbt speedtest 02-11-2019 9.10am.pngbt speedtest further test 02-11-2019.png

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting those results over to us @secretsurfer101.

You've clearly already been through a fair bit of troubleshooting with our tech support guys and so we won't waste your time with that again.

I can see that the tests were wired and that certainly hints at an issue - is your connection also currently set into the test socket? (I have to check before I can raise the issue)

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Hi, yes, I'm already in the test socket, into that straight away as there has been issues since the contract started, I have also been sent a new router, so the issue is not that. This mornings speed test included. Regards, secretsurfer101bt speedtest 03-11-2019 02.pngbt speedtest 03-11-2019.pngbt speedtest further testing 03-11-2019.png

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

Do not bill me.

So, Sunday, and i cant even watch a film, Amazon error message "your bandwidth is to low to stream this film". Utter rubbish. Speed test included. Took 5 minutes to upload a picture. You have no hope of keeping me as a customer. See you in court.bt speedtest 03-11-2019 PM.png

secretsurfer101
Dabbler

bt speedtest 03-11-2019 PM.png

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Mmm looks like you could be connected to a hot vlan. Has anyone suggested this at technical support?.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Do not bill me.

I’m not sure that taking Plusnet to court because you can’t watch a film on a Sunday would get very far.

Seriously though, I appreciate that you are very frustrated with your broadband but all the anger expressed in your posts, directed at those trying to resolve your problem does not help and is not good for health.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'