cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish Fibre Broadband

saif1a
Dabbler

Rubbish Fibre Broadband

One week into my fibre service and this is what I'm getting on fibre broadband. 12.4Mb/s. I was promised minimum 35Mb/s. The sales guy said contact us if you get less. So embarking upon the latest horror story in my 2 months long nightmare I did contact them today. Guess what? They give you a webpage to complain on. This is how proactive this company Plusnap really is!
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Rubbish Fibre Broadband

That is because you need to raise a fault which triggers a whole load of tests and eventually (possibly) an engineer visit

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Testing your line isn't showing any issues:

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Your line is connected at the full speeds for your product.

Are you connecting via wired or wireless?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
saif1a
Dabbler

I'm connecting via the ethernet to do the tests as you can see in attachment. I sent various tests to your support teams using the same tester to be consistent. The other day it was getting 28Mb still not up to speed but better. Last night appaling. Always I ensure it is the only device on the network. However my wireless speed is also bad. Usually 6Mb/s. This is not proper fibre speed. I've been with Talktalk and they gave me proper 35Mb and over. So I don't see why line speed would affect it except that I was disconnected for a few months while thinking I would move house. Can you send engineer to sort out my main entry socket as that is the only one they touched when I joined Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not sure what speedtester you're using, as it's not one I've seen before.

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.