cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish Download and Upload Speed AGAIN.

saif1a
Dabbler

Rubbish Download and Upload Speed AGAIN.

So I get this mail saying that you are increasing my upload speed. The only good that email has done is to have me check my Fibre speed again. See attachment. Is this what I expect to see with Superfast Fibre?

I'm connected by Ethernet on my Mac mini and the first point of entry for the fibre into the house. It is the only point I have.

This seems to always happen and then you guys check things up and give me the run around. Then it magically increases for a bit. Then when I'm not looking you turn the 'dial' back down. You're getting more like TalkTalk every day.

3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Rubbish Download and Upload Speed AGAIN.

Hi try a test here https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest the BT tester has been known to give odd results on some browsers Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi, sorry that you are having issues.

Testing isn't finding the cause of your issue. When running the speed tests make sure that no other devices are connected to the internet as this will affect your results.  Report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if you still experience problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
saif1a
Dabbler

Well that Tinker broadband has indeed given higher results but it makes me wonder two or three things now:

1. Why would Plusnet be plugging the BT Wholesale site that  gives errors?

2. Why are 1440P UHD videos stalling on me if I'm getting UHD transfer speeds?Huh

3. How did you manage to save Plusnet street cred faster than Plusnet official support?