Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router wont connect to PPP :/

FIXED
joemarsden
Hooked

Router wont connect to PPP :/

My fibre connection went live on Mon 23rd but had no dial tone and a line fault so Openreach came out to fix. All good now get a dial tone and DSL Sync on router 10.8Mb/ps down 1.03Mb/ps up! (better than the predicted 3mb/ps down!) However, my Plusnet Hub One (newly supplied) won't authenticate to PPP. And shows an orange light then and orange B light. I’ve tried resetting it, putting in my login details from the portal, new passwords etc. But nothing.

I have a ticket open for this Question 200276337, and they are sending me a new router, however, I’ve just tried a Technicolour TG589vac V2 (previously working on SSE Fibre), and same issue! Gets DSL Sync, and then won't connect to PPP. I’m using my correct username and I’ve reset my password twice, once on the portal and once with your support team, and still no joy. Surely this cannot be both routers, I’m convinced it’s a radius authentication or similar issue.

I really need to be working from home at the moment and this is now likely to go into next week, for a router that may not fix the issue. Can you re-look into this, and let me know what the radius and other logs show your end?

Thanks

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
loraadair2
Hooked

Re: Router wont connect to PPP :/

Did you get sorted as experiencing same issue with my router and they want to send me out a new router which I can’t see is the answer?

Thanks
Lora
joemarsden
Hooked

Well, new router arrived today, the same issue as the last one, as I suspected, back on the phone to support (6th time lol). Once i get through to them im going to cancel and move to 3/4G for the moment until the Covid 19 situation dies down, ive lost all faith in their ability to ever get this working.

loraadair2
Hooked

What happens when you put your telephone number into here

https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Mine says under the table There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 30-Mar-2020. I don’t know if this is them changing my number back as they changed mine ‘accidentally’ but would this be any reason why we can’t connect? Does yours say open order too?
loraadair2
Hooked

I’m gutted as we have firesticks etc for the kids in the house too aswell as needing to work from home and we can do nothing! There is nothing you can buy off the shelf that will work? Plusnet suggested buying a bt hotspot for 5 days but done this and we have no hotspot in the area even though it did show it on the map.
joemarsden
Hooked

Just spoke with Tech Support (again!) now they want to send out OpenReach again as they think its an issue with RAS? So now we have to wait until Monday for that to happen 😕

joemarsden
Hooked

Mine says connected!

Telephone Number 0174967**** on Exchange WELLS is served by Cabinet 2

loraadair2
Hooked

For Flipsake!! I don’t know what to do if I should wait for new router or not as I don’t think that’s the issue. Does yours say connected then under that table? Whereas mine says There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 30-Mar-2020. do you think I should just leave it till Monday? So frustrating isn’t it? Did you hold for long to get through this morning?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @joemarsden and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to the internet. I'm unable to test your fibre service as there's an open fault in Openreach system, just the way the supplier systems work, however I've checked the notes on the fault report and the adviser has stated that the fibre was testing out of sync.

If your router is in sync and can't authenticate, this would be what's known as a cross-jumpering problem and booking an engineer is definitely the right call. The engineer likely won't be able to go inside your home, however they'll do their best to investigate externally and contact you on the day. 

Based on the testing and what you've said, I'm (quietly) confident this will be fixed for you tomorrow.

Welcome to our community forums too @loraadair2 

Really sorry for the way we've handled things for you. I've messaged you back adding a reply onto a support ticket via your account with more information and I'll follow up tomorrow.

In summary your phone's renumbering to your original number tomorrow and your broadband should be back on the 6th April. I'm going to see if there's any way we can get your service back on sooner though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joemarsden
Hooked

I hope so, ill let you know after the Openreach Engineer has been.

joemarsden
Hooked

Openreach have been here most of the morning and concluded it's not been switched to Plusnet in the FTTC cabinet, it's still connected to the old supplier, so the line shows in sync but authentication isn't reaching you. This should have been transferred across on 23/03/2020. The engineer has gone to fix it but has been gone a few hours now, so ill update you again shortly. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for the update @joemarsden As I suspected, it looks like all the supplier system config work was completed apart from the engineering work at the cabinet, even though the order with our suppliers was marked as completed in full.

Keep us posted on how it goes when the engineer returns and/or calls you back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joemarsden
Hooked

Re-patched from Talk Talk to you and now working! Can I ask what happens for the week I could not use the system and also the cashback element? Seems simpler to solve on here than tying up your phone lines!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @joemarsden 

Glad to see the engineer got this working for you, albeit slowly. Just realised how long your line is!

I've read through the fault notes and it looks like the engineer called DCoE (Diagnostics Centre of Excellence) at Openreach to rebuild your circuit on to the correct DSLAM port at the cabinet before physically making the change.

In summary, what you said. Smiley

Your cashback is still valid as this works from when your account is activated regardless of a fault with the service. I'll add a reply onto your support ticket 200276337 about that and with details of a refund etc too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet