cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router won't accept my username and password

danh951

Router won't accept my username and password

Hello, first time posting.

I am a new customer to Plusnet, having switched from origin as they were not providing fibre in my area and I have been desperate to upgrade for a while.

Yesterday my phone line was taken over and an engineer installed what he needed to at the green box, I received text notifications regarding both. The activation date is by midnight on the 27th (which I assume is the coming midnight as midnight on the 27th was nearly 14 hours ago, yes I'm being pedantic here but midnight is the first minute of the day, 00:00, not the last)

Nevertheless I have been trying today to see if the router will connect to the internet. It will not (guessing I need to wait for this "confirmation" text message)
However the router does not accept my username@plusdsl.net and password combination. I can confirm that the password is correct for when I log in to the member centre, however the router is telling me otherwise. I have tried resetting the password and that too has not worked. (I have reset it to the exact password it already was just to be sure)

I am only getting any form of connection through setup@plusdsl.net. but not my actual broadband username.

Upon further investigation in the member centre, yesterday my first payment to be taken said 26th sep, now it says 26th Oct. When I checked the progress of my order it says that it is currently in process of taking the first 20.99 for my account. I did not have money in my account yesterday as I have just been paid today, I'm hoping this has gone through properly with no issues. I'm assuming it has, as it wouldn't say my next bill is October 26th would it?

While the order tracker says it's still on blue side arrow for taking my first payment it also comes up blank where it says order is sent to supplier. Why has this not been sent to the supplier yet? There is money in my account, the payment should go through, so why has my order not been sent to the supplier?
3 REPLIES 3
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Router won't accept my username and password

Midnight on the 27th is tonight unless I have my dates mixed up? It has to be, therefore, by midnight today?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@danh951 

The activation date is by midnight on the 27th (which I assume is the coming midnight as midnight on the 27th was nearly 14 hours ago, yes I'm being pedantic here but midnight is the first minute of the day, 00:00, not the last)

You are correct that midnight on the 27th means by 00:00

Nevertheless I have been trying today to see if the router will connect to the internet. It will not (guessing I need to wait for this "confirmation" text message)
However the router does not accept my username@plusdsl.net and password combination. I can confirm that the password is correct for when I log in to the member centre, however the router is telling me otherwise. I have tried resetting the password and that too has not worked. (I have reset it to the exact password it already was just to be sure)

That sounds like the automated systems haven't activated your account correctly

I'm sure one of the PN help team will be along shortly to confirm the situation and manually activate your account if that is the case

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @danh951

Looks like this one hadn't pulled through on our internal systems - I've just done this for you now and you're online.

If there's anything else you need, just drop us a line.

Take care

Dave