cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router with Built In Fibre Modem

cweir73

Router with Built In Fibre Modem

When are Plusnet gointg to offer a router with a built in fibre modem like some other isp's including BT.
11 REPLIES 11
ghos7em1
Grafter

Re: Router with Built In Fibre Modem

i reckon some time next year
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Most likely to be a technicolor TG589 (with inbuilt VDSL)
Can't confirm tho.  Although you can use a BT hub 5 on the Plusnet network if you want
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
AndyH
Grafter

Towards the end of next year, Openreach won't be supporting/providing fibre modems anymore so Plusnet will have to offer a combined VDSL modem/router.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It's actually this year when they are going to stop providing vdsl modems.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
darklight
Grafter

Personally i like a separate router and modem, if you wanna reboot router you don't need to lose sink with street cabinet.
Do they sell a separate modem?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

You can buy one off eBay - although I have a few that are unlocked and just bunged in a drawer.
Don't want to get rid of them (just in case  :D)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
We don't have any plans to share at the moment but I'll make sure you guys on here are aware if we do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Adam Walker
What will PN do when Openreach stop providing customers the white FTTC openreach modem?
Will you ask us to buy our own routers or receive a shipment of hub 5's from BT with Plusnet branding?
Very curious
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

*/cynic mode
just buy up a load of surplus BT Modems going cheap  Grin
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: NorthEasterner
It's actually this year when they are going to stop providing vdsl modems.

Nope, not correct.
From BTW Briefing BB-1587-14
Removal from new supply (i.e. closing of WBC FTTC Basic Install and WBC FTTC Managed Install with Openreach Modem variants) this will be effective as of  31st August 2015 – meaning that as of 1st September 2015, these Products will no longer be available to order.
Removal from support activities (i.e. no longer swapping Openreach modems as part of an engineering visit) this will be effective as of 30th November 2015 – meaning that as of 1st December 2015, this will no longer be available.

Currently, the only manufacturer approved VDSL modem/router (i.e. has gone through the Openreach conformity testing) is the Technicolor 589v3. BT Retail//EE/Sky have their own approved VDSL modem/routers.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet will probably take up the TG589v3 and slap their logo on.
Although they can always get BT Hub 5's and put their logo on instead of BT.
I thought it was this November when Openreach stop providing their modems