cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router stuck on connecting

Krem
Grafter

Router stuck on connecting

I woke up this morning to find I had no internet and that my router is trying to connect to plusnet, I have found no information on work in the area or faluts. Phone line seems to be working and I have done all the normal router checks.

Could you give your end a check? Smiley
13 REPLIES 13
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Router stuck on connecting

Good place to check for faults https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/outages.aspx

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Krem
Grafter

Thanks for the link, my area is due for work for tomorrow but nothing saying about the area being down - my connection is still down btw Plusnet, would at least like something to say you are looking into it.

Looks like I’ll have to wait and see
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Or you could contact them and get the fault reported.

Krem
Grafter

I did yesterday - this silence is annoying and apparently a ‘power failure’ is in the support office now, funny that.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

If you can PM me your landline telephone number (if you know it) I'll be happy to test your line for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your PM.

Testing your line is showing your router in sync to the cabinet and isn't identifying a definitive cause of the problem.

Have you tried a factory reset of your router?

If you still can't connect, it may also be worth logging into the router settings at 192.168.1.254 just to make sure you're connecting with yourusername@plusdsl.net and your account password as the password.

Failing that, I'd head on over to http://faults.plus.net as it's likely we'll need to investigate this with our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Krem
Grafter

I filed a Fault yesterday, and the router had already been reset recently. I’ll do another round of checks seeing as you aren’t seeing any issues your end
Krem
Grafter

Also if this helps the router log has been showing LCP down and timeouts of PADO and PADS packets
Krem
Grafter

Done a complete factory reset now - still getting the above errors. Nothing else I can do checked everything nothing looks broken or damaged

Krem
Grafter

The third day now - still getting the PADO/PADS timeouts and the LCP down errors...

We've even gone ahead and tried a second router to no joy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delayed response.

It looks like we've sent you a Plusnet router and your connection came back last Friday evening.

Everything working now?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Krem
Grafter

Sorry for my late reply also Smiley

Yes, the router came on Friday, however, upon attempting to connect the router would falt out refuse to connect... So utilising the new phone cable that came with the box we turned off the Openreach box to connect it just to check it wasn't that cable - upon switching that back on, everything worked.

So we don't really know if it was the new router or the Openreach box in the end, but we kept the Plusnet router running so that it's easier to find and check faults.

Also, we just had a disconnect for a few minutes, and now the speed seems to have capped at 35mbps - I assume it's just everything trying to resync again?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm happy to hear you're able to connect.

Testing your line isn't showing your speed to be capped.

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

The sync rate is on target too for your estimates.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 38.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.6 Mbps

Getting around 35mbps on a speed is about right as it's not very often your throughput would be the same as the actual sync rate. Let us know if you experience any further problems.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet