cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router staying orange

Lee83
Dabbler

Router staying orange

Internet has been working perfectly untill Today, router went to flashing orange with the bb sign underneath it , tried power cycling ,tried resetting password in both router and account ,still nothing ,help !
18 REPLIES 18
Lee83
Dabbler

Re: Router staying orange

Tried factory resetting aswell ,is there any work in my area ? Any other ideas would be appreciated
Lee83
Dabbler

Anybody ?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Does your phone line work?

Have you reported a fault?

Lee83
Dabbler

Phone line works fine ,im going to have to report a fault ,it has been all working perfectly ,untill this morning
Mustrum
Community Veteran

It could be worth going through the steps in the Help Pages testing from the "hidden" test socket in the Master Socket if you have one, and trying another router if you have one.

Lee83
Dabbler

Its ok looks like a local outage
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having connection problems

From looking at your connection, I can see a couple of drops recently.

Testing your line isn't identifying any Major Service Outages linked to your broadband circuit.

Are you still having problems?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lee83
Dabbler

Yeah the drop outs were me power cycling the router ,i phoned up and the member of your help team said there a outage in my area ,and having checked the exchange status ,plus net reported Major service loss in my area ,so i and the member of the help team assumed this was the issue
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Is your router still orange?The chart above only shows a couple of outages so something does not add up?

Lee83
Dabbler

Yes its still orange the drop outs were me power cycling the router , and my exchange is showing major outages in mt area and area code ,so i assumed this is why my router is still orange and wont connect,untill the exchange is sorted?
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Then the graph that @Gandalf has shown is not your line - apart from the two short drops it is showing you are connected.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Lee83

Mind dropping me a PM with your username so I can double check?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your private message @Lee83, it looks like I was on the wrong account. I think your email address registered to your forum account is used by a different account, so I was bringing up that when searching by your email.

This is looking better. I say better, actually worse, but more in line with what you're experiencing.

Testing your line isn't showing any outages associated with your broadband circuit, however the test is failing to complete correctly and I believe you've spoken with one of my colleagues who has raise a fault to our suppliers.

We'll provide an update within 24-72 hours via this ticket

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lee83
Dabbler

@Gandalf ,could you check for me ,that its not any kind of authentication error ,as i have read that these can cause the same problem that im having