cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router solid green light

Sean118

Router solid green light

The internet went off last Sunday and it took a while for it to come back on. The connection has been poor for the past week, but today it has gone off completely. Tried resetting the router but now it's stuck on a solid green light and it doesn't show up on the list of available connections. Is the router kaput? If so how do I get another one?

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Router solid green light

Have you checked the phone line?

Or done any troubleshooting? The Help Tab at the top of the page will guide you through.

Sean118

Yes I text Plusnet for them to check the line, they said it was fine (I asked them to ring me back but they haven't). And it rings fine too. I just switched the router off and on again and it stays on green permanently (it used to cycle through red, orange, blue then green). Does this mean it's now broken?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Sean118 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your router.

I can see we tried to ring you yesterday afternoon, but we couldn't get through.

Can you try a factory reset of your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds?

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet