cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router showing connected but no Internet.

FIXED
razorpoke
Grafter

Router showing connected but no Internet.

Hiya.
I have a sliver of connection on mobile. All of the sudden the Internet has dropped out but the hub is still showing blue and everything in hub settings is saying it's connected. All of the settings are the same it has happened for about 30 mins now.

How can I fix this? I have tried a few resets to no avail.
20 REPLIES 20
Crimewave
Dabbler

Re: Router showing connected but no Internet.

Same here.
dracos
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm also suffering the exact same issue. Happened same time as you also. Where are you located? Wondering if it's regional or UK wide? I'm in south Wales NP18.

Currently on hold to tech support, 18 mins no reply so far! Guessing they are being bombarded with calls!
razorpoke
Grafter

Yes I'm in Wales as well, though. I'm guessing it could be an issue in Wales or UK if people are having the same issue as this. Hope you get through. Let me know what they say (not your job I know lol)
jones224

Mine too, in Pembrokeshire also
Crimewave
Dabbler

South Wales here to, CF14.
dracos
Hooked

yeah, still not got through to support, but looking at downdetector website and it seems as its a south wales outage

jones224

Same here in Pembrokeshire SA73 lost connection about 2hr ago
dracos
Hooked

Ok, Openreach network is down in the South of england. Everyone on a BT line in South Wales, Bristol, Bath, Somerset have no internet. Its a priority 1 issue and Openreach are working on it. no fix time atm, but likely wont be down long.

malfunkshun
Dabbler

Same here, Pembrokeshire too
dracos
Hooked

@dracos wrote:

Ok, Openreach network is down in the South of england. Everyone on a BT line in South Wales, Bristol, Bath, Somerset have no internet. Its a priority 1 issue and Openreach are working on it. no fix time atm, but likely wont be down long.

Whats really odd is that they are blaming OR saying "Our wholesale providers have reported a network outage which effected a large number of users across multiple providers in your area." Problem is, no other providers are reporting an outage... nobody on downdetector, nobody on facebook. Its only Plusnet...

razorpoke
Grafter

Plusnet probably trying to save face.
dracos
Hooked

@razorpoke wrote:
Plusnet probably trying to save face.

But in this day in age when its so so so easy to be caught out in a lie (which is what has happened!), why do it? If they held their hands up and said, "we've messed up, we have an issue, we are working on fixing it" then it would be so much better than being caught out and looking stupid. I cant be assed to wait for another hour on the phone to call them out on this, but if it is not back up by the morning then i will be straight on the phone to them. Not good enough PlusNet...

liane14
Dabbler

Same for me in cf34 Maesteg
lzjoker
Dabbler

Yes same here, Plusnet really has gone to the dogs in the last 6mths, I'm really regretting renewing my contractKnuppel