Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router setup question - probably rather silly but please advise

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Router setup question - probably rather silly but please advise

Given the time for the Plusnet router to connect automatically via the TR-069 system is there any reason why I can't set the router up in advance - username and password
Having connected - hopefully - is it worth waiting for 48 hours before connecting the Billion 8800NL instead of the modem/router as fitted
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Router setup question - probably rather silly but please advise

No reason to wait that I know of, I've always set them up manually regardless of TR-069 availability.
Why wait to connect your Billion, just check your IP profile (assuming it's available) via BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test (further diagnostics (as you know)) to get a benchmark before changing over (so you know the Billion is performing as well as the OR modem (or not)).
'Impatience is a virtue.'  Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Just spotted this reply - thanks
Reason for not setting up the Billion is that I won't order it until fibre is actually working - cynic that I am  Roll_eyes
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Oldjim,
when you get the Billion you might like to check the firmware version,I upgraded mine to firmware version 2.32d.dh14 from the UK support site, it contains a newer version of the Broadcom chipset driver.
It has been solid as a rock for me and works great with DSLStats giving loads of info.
You might see a newer firmware version listed on some sites but don’t upgrade to this version as it has problems and has been withdrawn from the Billion site.
Regards, Pendragon.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

yes I saw from the thread over at Kitz forum that there were problems with it