Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router set up before activation?

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Router set up before activation?

I am transferring across from Sky mid December. We will be on holiday during the transfer process, so hopefully all will be well. We will however have a dog sitter who will be wanting to use the internet in our absence. Can I pre- configure the router connection settings so that the sitter can just swap routers over once the time comes? I have read the FAQ's and it says to plug router in and leave for 15 minutes, then login using username and password. Can I hard code this in the router settings page beforehand?
Thanks
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Router set up before activation?

The Plusnet supplied router is preloaded with the password and username so that is plug and play
But do you have an openreach modem? That normally is brought and installed by an OR engineer  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks for that Peter, that's what I was hoping to hear  :). Yes, we already have the OR modem and no visit froom the engineer is necessary, so I will leave strict instructions with the sitter on how to replace the Sky router with the +Net one.
Mark
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

The fibre router also has a WPS button for easy WiFi connection  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As has been mentioned it should just be a case of plug the router in, wait 15 minutes and off you go. Enjoy your holidays.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.