cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router says I'm connected but no websites load??

stevenpc

Router says I'm connected but no websites load??

Hi all - my Plusnet Fibre account was activated over 3 weeks ago but I still can't connect to the internet. I get a solid blue light on the hub and when I run diagnostics on my Mac it says I'm connected to the internet, but I can't access any web pages. I've logged into the hub and changed the user and password to my Plusnet user and password, and I've restarted and reset the hub at least 10 times, but I still can't connect. Is there anything else I can try?

BTW - I still have the hub from my previous fibre provider and that works fine.

8 REPLIES 8
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Router says I'm connected but no websites load??

@stevenpc wrote:

BTW - I still have the hub from my previous fibre provider and that works fine.

Hi stevenpc,

Are you saying that the hub (presumably a BT home hub) worked fine with BT or that the hub works fine with PlusNet?

If the latter then it would suggest the PN Hub one is faulty.

If you have not tried the BT home hub with PN - its worth trying it as they do work so long as you manually change the ISP login details.

Regards

Richard

stevenpc

Hi Richard - the BT Hub is still working now after my switch to Plusnet, and I didn't need to change any settings to keep it working, however BT want me to return all their equipment, and also my Plusnet TV package doesn't work with the BT Hub, so I suspect that will only work once I have the Plusnet hub up and running. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@RichardB  Have you entered the login details in the form of <username>@plusdsl.net?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

stevenpc

@Mav wrote:

Have you entered the login details in the form of <username>@plusdsl.net?

Yes, I've done that - it accepts my username/password and says it's connected, but no websites load.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Let's get this straight. Are you saying that your BT hub works without you making any changes to the log in details? If so then you have not been changed from BT to Plusnet regardless of who you are paying for the service.

Alternatively are you saying that it works if you put your Plusnet details into the BTHub bot not the Plusnet Hub One?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @stevenpc

Thanks for getting in touch.

Essentially, there's a fault in the exchange that is causing the issue you've described. Based on the symptoms you've provided I'd suspect some sort of jumpering or line card issue.

I've raised this with our suppliers on your behalf on this ticket here

Let me know if you still have issues after the engineer has sorted the exchange problem.

Best Wishes,

Dave

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Ah Ah,

The BT home hub connects with out a username & password.This suggests that the circuit is still with BT retail.

I assume the PN router is connecting to BT (blue light showing) as BT do not authenticate with a username & password.

I guess BT Openreach or BT Wholesale failed to inform BT retail that you had migrated to PN so the BT retail broadband account is still operating.

When Openreach resolve the problem as PN for a refund for the lack of PN service from the date you were supposed to migrate.

BT retail will know doubt still bill you until the transfer is correctly completed.

Richard

stevenpc

Thanks for the help everybody - hopefully OpenReach can fix this in the next few days.