cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router restart

eddiegrant1988

Router restart

Every night at around 2 pm UK time my router restarts its self with a orange blinking light. It is driving me mental what can I do to stop this happening. Ps don't want to phone as will be on hold for 35 mins +
4 REPLIES 4
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Router restart

Hi, sounds like something within or close to your home is causing enough interference for the line to drop connection, if it's always 2PM every day then it could well be timer based, do you have a boiler / heating or something that is on a timer that switches on at that time, if so turn it off for the next day and see if the connecttion still drops.

If you have nothing like that within your home it could be a neighbour or business near by that is causing the issue in which case it could prove differcult to sort out depending on who and what is causing the problem.  

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @eddiegrant1988,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. As @Terranova667 has suggested, it's likely that there's something in the local area that is causing the router to lose connection at 2PM, most likely on a timer. If there is anything that you can think of in your own property that might be the source of this issue then I would recommend temporarily disabling it for a few days (if possible) to see if this stabilizes the connection.

Alternatively, if you haven't already then I'd also recommend checking out our online troubleshooting guide, which can be found here. I would also recommend setting the router up within the test socket in the property as well, another guide on which can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
timbearcub
Hooked

I have the same but 2am-ish? (I did search the forum but this didn't come up)

I can confirm our boiler has no timer, nothing is kicking in at 2am in our flat at all. Completely quiet, but it goes down (green then orange flash), wifi disappears, reappears and if I go to the status page it says 'disconnected' then reconnects a few minutes later. Usually around 2-2:30am. Hard to tell if it's every night cos I'm not on the Net at that time every night, but it's almost every night I've used it, it's regular.

I'm suspecting Plusnet has some reset/reboot/update system running that is regularly tripping? Odd that it's both 2 O'Clock.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @timbearcub and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having connection issues also and I can see you've raised your own thread with further details around  the issue. I have looking into your conenction from this side and updated the thread regarding this here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Regular-disconnects-and-resets-1-2am/m-p/1627896