cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router rebooting all the time !!!! I cannot work !

Eja
Hooked

Router rebooting all the time !!!! I cannot work !

HELP !! My Router has started to reboot randomly or when a telephone call comes in !! It was working fine for a few months but now this is happening !!!

7 REPLIES 7
ecrTech
Grafter

Re: Router rebooting all the time !!!! I cannot work !

Its going to get worse keep rise ticket

Eja
Hooked

Sorry but how do I raise a ticket ? Is it actually the line or the modem (Don't mind buying a new modem) just need it stable ASAP as do many live streaming that cannot be disconnected 😞

ecrTech
Grafter

Ok reset your hub, there is a reset switch on the back of the Hub use your mobile tray key hold it pressed for 10 sec hub should restart, than go to this link http://192.168.1.254 on settings use the password on the back of the hub, than go to this link Enter your Broadband username and password and type your user name and password that you created with PlusNet and see how it goes.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

you can raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net

if it is dropping when a phone call comes in sounds like there is a fault on the line.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Eja
Hooked

Thank you, it has been escalated to Openreach as something is broken outside (a landline call comes in and it reboots !!), have disconnected my land line for now

Eja
Hooked

Well since connecting the router directly to the main socket faceplate (I think by passing the phone line) it has been solid and not dropped once (but obviously have no dial tone on the landline phone now).
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

You should be able to plug your phone into the same socket your router is by using a micro filter 

[edit]

Although if there’s still a fault on the phone line then that’ll probably cause the drops to start again