cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router performance degraded over the past couple of months... TG582n

bronyrafon

Router performance degraded over the past couple of months... TG582n

Hi,

My Technicolour TG582n router performance has severely degraded over the past couple of months... I've had the router a number of years now, is there any firmware upgrades for it?

I work from home one day a week, and I'm finding I have to tether my iPhone and use 3G as performance over my fibre broadband is un workable... Rebooting the router doesn't seem to make any difference.

I do a speed check and it's around 20MBs download and 1.7MBs upload.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Gary.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Router performance degraded over the past couple of months... TG582n

Hi @bronyafon,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into this issue and I can see that your estimated line speeds range from 15Mbps to 23.4Mbps and upon testing your line you are currently achieving download speeds of 23.8Mbps. So we could help narrow down where the issue may lie, please could you confirm if you experience the issues via Wi-Fi or Ethernet connections?

As a side note, I can see that your connection is currently down due to an authentication issue and to resolve this issue you will need to log into your router and update the settings. To do this, please follow the below guide.

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254 or alternatively, you can click here.

2) When you connect to this page, you will be prompted for a Username and Password. The username is 'admin' and the password is found on the back of the router and is starts 'CPXXXXXXXXX'

3) On the left, click the option that reads 'Broadband Connections' followed by 'Internet Services'

4) On the far right click the button that says 'Disconnect' so that it changes to 'Connect'

If it is already reads 'Connect' then you can leave this as is.

5) Click View More and this will prompt you for your username and password. Your username which is username@f9.co.uk and your account password and then press 'Connect'

Once this is completed you should be online, however if you experience any further issues please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team