cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router only connects with setup username

kevil5797

Router only connects with setup username

Hi, I can only get our router to connect with the setup@plusdsl.net username, if I specify my username (as copied from the router on receipt) the orange light comes on and it never connects. This would be fine, but I can only access Google connected like this despite being able to resolve other sites ( so I know the DNS is working )

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Router only connects with setup username

Sorry to hear that.

This was because your account hadn't been activated on our end.

I've just done that for you now so you should be able to get online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kevil5797

Thank you, (Im not home right now) but my wife has confirmed it has connected, although the speed is only showing as 15mb down, which is definitely not what I am paying for.

Would you expect this to increase as the connections stabilises of is that all we are going to get? If that is the limit, then there is no point me paying for an 80Mb connection.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what we can see the router is syncing at around 40mbps so she should be seeing higher speeds then 15mbps.

Was the test done over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kevil5797

I assume wireless, I'll check it wired when I get home, she does have an old mac so might not be at the best connection speed.

If we are limited to 40, is there scope to drop the package from unlimited fibre extra at 80Mb, to just 40Mb unlimited fibre?