cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not connecting

C-A-W
Grafter

Router not connecting

Hi! I'm trying to troubleshoot the internet connection for the account associated with this username but unfortunately I'm a long distance away and can't physically get to her router. I'm told that the light on the Hub is red, and resetting didn't help.

Would it be possible for someone to look at it from your end, and post a graph so I can see if the connection is dropping out?

15 REPLIES 15
C-A-W
Grafter

Re: Router not connecting

Updated to say - I had trouble accessing and paying the bill (as discussed in another thread) but hopefully this is now resolved. Is it possible that the broadband was restricted while the bill was outstanding, and that is why the router wasn't connecting? 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @C-A-W 

The account still appears to be in a state of failed billing - when did you manage to make payment may I ask ?

I've removed any restrictions preventing usage, this should allow browsing as normal. 

In regards to the payment, I'd suggest double checking the account and your bank to ensure the payment was made and if it shows as paid please let us know. 

Thanks, 

MoR

C-A-W
Grafter

Hi! Thank you for reinstating the broadband access. I am very upset to find that the account had been restricted without any notification to me (and when a bill had not been generated so I had no way of paying it).

Now that I know what the main issue is, this is probably more suited to my other thread about the payment problems, so I will post in that one instead.

C-A-W
Grafter

Hi! Now that I've got past the payment problems, and also a period yesterday when the phone line was accidentally removed from the socket, would it be possible to show me a graph of the recent connection history so that I can see how things look?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @C-A-W,

I'm afraid I can't actually provide you with a graph of your connection logs because there's currently no connection logs from your circuit reference. It doesn't look like there's any logs from the telephone number on the account since just before 8pm on 29th January, also the router is showing unplugged/powered off so isn't currently in sync. 

C-A-W
Grafter

That's very odd. My sister was there yesterday and she tried to reset the router and said that it briefly seemed to connect with a blue light then immediately went red again. As far as I know she left it plugged in with the red light showing.

Is there anything more I can do?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @C-A-W,

Thank you for confirming that your sister has tried resetting the router - I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved the connection problem. Testing your line from here still isn't picking up the cause of this issue and just indicates that the router is not in sync.

As the test isn't picking up the cause of this, we'll need to do some further troubleshooting checks to start ruling things out. Please can you ask somebody at the property to run through the basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you.

C-A-W
Grafter

Hi! My sister managed to get back online a week ago - would you be able to show me connection logs since then so I can see if it's stable?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've attached this for you below

Our tests are showing a fault that would require an engineers visit to the property so if she raises a fault here we can get that investigated

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Thank you. I started to raise a fault but I can't complete your troubleshooter questions unless I'm at the property, so I've had to leave it for now.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @C-A-W,

I've updated the ticket raised on your account by the fault troubleshooter regarding further information as to how we would proceed with our investigation of the fault, should the troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue. For reference, this can be viewed here.

Please let us know when you respond to the ticket so we can pick this back up for further investigation as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
C-A-W
Grafter

Ok I am finally at the property so I am ready to complete the transaction through. Only your billing system has not recognised the payment I made yesterday and I am locked out of the member center. Please can someone unblock my access by tomorrow ( Monday 11 March) because that will be the last day I am here for at least 2 weeks. If you look at my other recent thread you will see there is a fault on my account which is stopping your system from acknowledging my
payment.
C-A-W
Grafter

Edited to say - sorry auto correct changed troubleshooter to transaction through.