cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived

Benjpdavies

Router not arrived

Hi, 

Ordered unlimited fibre before New Year, openreach engineer has been today and activated phone line but no sign of Router from PN? Definitely ticked box for router as paid £6.99 for p&p. 

Hoping broadband will be activated shortly but don't want any downtime waiting for router. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Router not arrived

Possibly one for @Anoush

( with a refund of P&P for the distress Angel )

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Benjpdavies

Have you confirmed with Plusnet the exact date that the fibre is to go live? It isn't always the same day as the phone. (or even week). And it can be delayed without Plusnet telling you unfortunately. You have to chase them more often than not.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Benjpdavies

I'm not actually in the office at the moment, however I've just asked one of my colleagues to check up on things for you.

It appears what's happened is that the fibre order wasn't placed when the line installation was placed. We usually place simultaneous orders so both services activate on the same day.

One of the reasons why simultaneous orders aren't placed is if the address is silver key, that requires a survey first. I wouldn't like to further speculate until I review your account and investigate, which I'll be happy to do once I'm back in the office on Wednesday.

In the meantime, our Provisioning team should be placing your fibre order within the next 24-48 hours and also order your new router. The date that the fibre service will go live would depend on engineer availability in the area so it could be around 7-10 days. Sad

I'm really sorry to hear what's happened.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Benjpdavies

Thanks @Anoush - if you could make sure everything is in order when you're back in the office that would be great! A little credit on the account would also help soften the blow of having to wait another 10 days - very disappointed!!!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll see what I can do.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Mine didnt come either - I assume as the guy screwed up the order and it was cancelled and renewed before the router was sent...so i ad to ring up and ask for one!!

AND they DO NOT fit in a standard letterbox - the PM knocked and i took the box to the P.O. 8 doors down and they test it and it was 4-5mm too wide, you couldnt even force it in...so thats a big screw up?

your best bet is ringing either tonight or first thing when they open (no/little waiting times)

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Yep, from recent experience it's at the point of sale when the router order goes toes up!!

The PN H One should fit a standard box, though I'd have no chance here as we have a metal post box on our gate.

(plus some letter boxes can be quite a drop or insecure (flats etc) or both)

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just a heads up that during the week the provisioning team are open between 9am and 9pm. I'll be checking up on the original poster's account anyway on Wednesday.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Its their job to say that it will fit in a regular letterbox, but it will only go in one that bigger than a regular 'standard' size... I have a new PVC door and it would not go through, couldn't even get it in a little bit, you were just butting it up against the rim of the letterbox - loads of people across many forums say the same

AND the same thing happened to me - broadband and phone ordered separately even though he said on the phone the was ordering them simultaneously, I got a lucky break when someone spotted it the next day they emailed me saying it was cancelled and re-ordered and i would get a new date, lucky for me the new date was 10 days earlier than the last one

...this was probably because the next door neighbour also had a install to do, so they must of just decided to do them together on the same day.

i got a text saying my fibre and phone is now live...no router, so I rang up and they said it DEFO has been sent out, if you dont get it tomorrow call back, next day nothing so calls back and he sent another one out with a bag to return the "non-existent" one that hadn't even been sent due to cancellation, lucky for me again as I managed to get my £50 Line Install money back cos the line was already in and active, just not on the system.

when I get the money Im getting a Zyxell VMG8924-10A, as these are supposed to be excellent on VDSL lines, not very pretty too look at but wall mountable, has 5Ghz AC/N/G/B/A, USB and uses a Broadcom 63168 chipset that you can pull advanced stats from and use software/commands to do line tests with etc. It is also G.INP ready (which the Hub One isnt - this has been seen to increase speed and lower latency) and its also VECTORING ready for when BT roll out Vectoring (which they are currently trialling) to cancel out crosstalk, this is to help stop peoples lines getting slower as more people in their street sign up to FTTC broadband as the high frequencies start to bleed into each others line.

being able to have advanced access to a line is great as you can pull all sort of stuff from it, such a Hlog, Quiet Line Noise, the Entire SNR spectrum its using and bit-loading over that spectrum e.g. below is a very old before (fine) and after (fault) shot from an old sky connection 6 years ago

firefox_2017-01-17_02-43-32.jpg

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there @Benjpdavies

I've just looked over your account and can see that we did advise that the orders would be placed separately, with the broadband order being placed once this is active. As it's a fibre order, this is likely to take slightly longer than the 5-7 working days depending on engineer availability.

Here's a snippet from the email we sent you when you signed up in December about this:

What happens next?
==================
• An engineer needs to install your phone service
• This will happen on 16/01/2017 AM
• Once your phone service is up and running, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days

Due to this I'm afraid we wouldn't refund the P&P or provide any credit as the order is progressing in the way we advised it would.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.