cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not arrived and more!

andyhardwick

Router not arrived and more!

I'm a new customer for home phone & fibre broadband. Activation date was yesterday but router hasn't arrived and the BT engineer that was supposed to turn up yesterday didn't either. Cant get through to customer sertvices either on the phone (rings dead after 20 mins) or via 'live chat'.
Anybody else having, or had the same or similar problems?
Andy
10 REPLIES 10
autobob

Re: Router not arrived and more!

I'm having similar problems. The engineer didn't show up yesterday, so I sat on hold for about 30 minutes before getting through to someone in provisioning. Apparently whoever booked my 9th september start date managed to book an engineer for the the 9th october instead. Currently the only info i have is a message saying that they have fast tracked rebooking my appointment. No actual appointment date or anything.
Best advice i can give is to stay on hold for as long as it takes. Maybe you'll get through to someone.
andyhardwick

Hey, thanks for the reply - thought I'd missed a step somewhere or something!
It's all a bit 'shoddy' isn't it.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@andyhardwick
Unfortunately it looks like the agent placed the order incorrectly. Your phone is active now however we have to wait for our suppliers records to update before we can place the fibre order
@autobob
I can see our Provisioning team are chasing this up for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhardwick

Thank you, Matthew.
Can I axpect to be notfied of this formally soon, with details and dates etc? Being that I've already paid for this service I would expect a prompt response.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The orders in place and we should have a date soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyhardwick

Thank you again, Matthew. I've just received the router and a text message giving me the date that the service will become active. We haven't had the visit from a BT engineer yet though, or a date - I just wanted to double check that this is in hand please. This forum is the only place I've been able to talk to anybody from Plusnet so any info would be very much appreciated.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the engineer is booked for the 30th between 8am and 1pm.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
holly03

Hi I am also a new Plusnet customer, I joined on 18th August and was given a BT engineer date of 4/09 and activation date of 05/09 and due to various complications I am still no closer to get my fibre broadband connected. I  have been getting palmed off by Plusnet with we will let you know tomorrow of a date now for a week and still no one can tell me when an engineer is coming to connect my fiber as apparently a shortage of BT engineers.
I hope you have more luck than I seem to be having, my current broadband finishes on 20th and doesn't look like will be connected by then despite overlapping the two providers by just over a month!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@holly03
Sorry to hear about your issues. I can see the orders stuck on our suppliers systems which is causing the delay.
We'll update you as soon as we know more.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
holly03

That doesn't help me at the moment though, I have 4 children who all go to an Academy school where homework is an online thing and has to be done daily. If my broadband is not in by Sunday they will have no access to the internet and can not do their homework so will be excluded from school and this goes on their permanent record.
It is just not good enough I have given Plusnet just over a month to get this in.