cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router loosing connection frequently

Benpeacock04

Router loosing connection frequently

Hi my internet keeps loosing connection then the router sometimes flashes orange sometimes its solid orange.
I have to restart the router 2 or 3 times before it reconnects.
What could the cause be? I have tried changing channels etc but its no better
Any help will be welcome,
Thanks Ben
5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Router loosing connection frequently

Hi @Benpeacock04,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. From what you're describing the connection sounds like it's dropping out, however when we're testing the line we're unable to detect this occurring or any reason why it would occur. Are you noticing any sort of pattern behind the drops or are they seemingly random?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Benpeacock04

It seems to be random also the speed seems to be slow the majority of the time, nowhere near as fast as it was a few months ago. Im not sure if the two are connected but thought i would mention it.
Could the problem be the router itself?

Regards Ben
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Benpeacock04, thanks for getting back to us.

I have tested the line but this shows that you are in sync at 40mb and no faults are being detected. How often do you see the drops occur (where the light turns orange)?

Looking at your connection logs we are can only see 3 drops occur since 20/11/19 (see image below). Do these correspond to the light changing orange/ reboots your end, or are you seeing this more frequently than shown in the graph?

If you haven't already, I would advise having a run through these troubleshooting steps and getting your router connected to the test socket for the time being.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Benpeacock04

I connected to the test socket and the speed has gone up by 20mb/s hopefully it wont drop out but time will tell....what do i need to do now as the front of the socket is hanging down to expose the test socket so i dont really want to leave it like that as i have kids and can guarentee it will get ripped off.

Regards Ben
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Benpeacock04

That to me indicates the issue was the face-plate. We only support upto the test socket in terms of the infrastructure, you can acquire a new face-plate from Amazon/Currys PC world etc - you can pick them up for about £3-4.00. 

Thanks.