cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router login page

ddsabre2011
Grafter

Router login page

Right then all you techies, I really hope someone can shed light on this little issue.
If I turn off my router I can login to admin page and manage settings but after say 10 mins or so if I try and re-login I cannot. I've tried various browsers to no avail. It's a right royal pain in the proverbial and I don't know how to solve.
Tried various computers and devices but none shall enter unless I turn off router....HELLLPPPPPP!
Internet works fine and IPCONFIG shows alls good.
p.s PlusNet techies didn't have an answer either...
9 REPLIES 9
thunderer
Grafter

Re: Router login page

It'd be kind of helpful if you let everyone know what router you have.  Wink
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Sorry folks I have the Thompson router tg582n
dick:quote
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: ddsabre2011

If I turn off my router I can login to admin page and manage settings but after say 10 mins or so if I try and re-login I cannot.

Are you saying you can login to the router for 10 minutes after switching it off.  Shocked
thunderer
Grafter

Ah, as I don't have one of those I'm afraid I can't help you.
Sorry!
ddsabre2011
Grafter

No , I'm not saying that I can login for 10 minutes after router switched off. I'm saying that unless I turn router off then on then I cant access the routers homepage. Once turned off then on then I can get in but only for about ten minutes. after that then no go...
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Thanks for clearing that up.
It's not a issue I've seen reported before, but a factory reset can sometimes fix these unusual faults.
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Tried that but thanks. Oh and tried reflashing firmware but the flasher program doesn't find the router at all!!
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Hi guys, I`ve still got no where with this issue but I am seeing other posts now with the same problem...What`s going on plusnet,this is really doing my head in. Surely the two routers I have tried can`t both be faulty. It has to be something else but what?????AAAAARRRggghhhh.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I have a slight suspicion on what may be causing this
Can you try doing the following to see if this works?
1) Turn off the wireless on the router by pressing the WiFi button until the green light goes off
2) Reboot your router and connect a single laptop/computer through a ethernet cable
3) Log into the router (http://192.168.1.254). I'm sure you already know the details but your username should be admin in lower case and the routers serial number in capitals/uppercase.
4) Go to Technicolor Gateway on the left and click  Configuration then click  Configure  in the top right hand corner
5) Change the drop-down for Web Browser Interception from  Auto to Disabled and click Apply.
After that you can turn the wireless back on and hopefully this should sort it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team