cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router light orange unable to connect

andreas1999
Grafter

Router light orange unable to connect

My internet went down this morning and hasn't been able to reconnect. Online helper suggests using a phone to test with, but since the year is currently 2020 I don't have access to a landline phone. Thought it best to post here before I queue up for the phone support. Maybe someone from plusnet knows what's going on?

5 REPLIES 5
Bojang1
Grafter

Re: Router light orange unable to connect

If you get through to customer services they can perform a line test, other things to test in the meantime would be re-start the router and try it in the master test socket.

andreas1999
Grafter

Thanks for the reply! I only really have one socket, the one BT installed, so it's already plugged in to it in the master socket. I'll keep trying to restart it a few more times and then I guess I have no choice but to call their phone support.

Bojang1
Grafter

Hi, The test socket can be found behind the master phone socket that your router is connected to. See the image and guide in this post: https://www.fasterbroadband.co.uk/guides/how-to-improve-your-broadband-speed does your master phone socket look like the one in the image on this link above. If it does then you should have a small square filter box hanging out of the telephone socket. Follow the guide and plug the filter into the test socket. I don't work for Plusnet but when they do a line test if they don't find a fault they will more than likely ask you to do this. 

Bojang1
Grafter

I have spoken with them recently and not had to wait more than five minutes. Free phone number: 0800 432 0200

andreas1999
Grafter

I opened up the openreach socket and inside there is what could be a test socket, but it's blocked by some plastic thing which seems impossible to remove without breaking the entire thing.

I'll give them a call. Thanks!