cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps dropping connection engineer says nothing wrong with line left in limbo

Ghanchi2000
Hooked

Router keeps dropping connection engineer says nothing wrong with line left in limbo

For the past week or two I have noticed disconnections in my fibre service which normally resolve within a few moment the light on router stays blue. However this got worse last week with light going orange router kept rebooting randomly also drop in speed when it came back on. Had engineers visit couldn't find fault on line went away. Problem is still continuing and technical has no idea I'm out of contract paying huge amount for speeds Dont get because every time the router reboots frequently I got debanded lowering my speed to 25 Mbps from my up to 76 Mbps. What is going on please help. Router logs checked by technical showing drops a lot of people complaining about drops in service why does no one know what's going on. I've also been told if I don't renew contract they won't even replace router to see if it's the problem. Thinking of leaving shame service has been good so far 

10 REPLIES 10
orangeman
Grafter

Re: Router keeps dropping connection engineer says nothing wrong with line left in limbo

Had the same issues when i was with BT,

Sent engineer, couldn't find nothing wrong

Moved to Plusnet.... Still having same issues "was hoping it was a hardware fault at exchange" as moving services would remove that issue. So seems its not that after all Sad

I will keep logging my disconnects as ive only just joined "4th Sept" so might be other reasons for disconnects but if it carries on at least i have a good log of 1-2 weeks worth of disconnects i can then raise a fault and hope to see something happen

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Router keeps dropping connection engineer says nothing wrong with line left in limbo

Hi Both,

Thanks for getting in touch.

@Ghanchi2000 -  I can see that my colleague picked this up today for you on a ticket here. Just give us a nudge when you've had the opportunity to try another router. We're happy to progress this to another engineer is need be.

@orangeman - Checked your account also and agree that the drops are evident. At this stage there are no external faults present so I'd recommend monitoring this in case it's just teething issues caused by the new connection. If they do continue, you can always raise a fault here and we'll take a look.

Keep us updated.

Best wishes,

Dave

Ghanchi2000
Hooked

Firstly it's not a new connection I been with plusnet for over 18 months and seems to have happened just when I'm out of contract. Also this is not the first time with this issue its happened in the past I raised tickets nothing got done a few weeks later it went back to normal. I have also discovered that due to my router connection dropping frequently I have been banded reducing my speed from upto 76mbps to a cap at 25mbps without notification yet I'm paying fibre extra price when I should be paying for upto 36mbps fibre, don't know how long this has been the case.

Secondly I'm not willing to fork out money for a new router after reading threads with similar issueson here which are mostly resolved from your end or the problem is with openreach side. There have been posts which mention upto 3 engineer visits are taken before a fault is found, I'm assuming they skip classes when in training so each engineer has a different level of knowledge. 

I have also been monitoring my router for the past week the issue has not resolved

please help don't send me in circles

thank you

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Posts released from Spam Filter and duplicates removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Ghanci2000,

Just to clarify, when @RandallFlagg was referring to the connection being new he was referring to the issue that @orangeman had raised and I apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

In regards to the location of the fault, until another router is tried it's best that we don't send another engineer out just yet especially if the previous engineer suggested that the router currently in use is at fault. It's important to remember that every fault reported is different and though your connection may be showing similar symptoms of other faults you've seen discussed on this forum, the specifics behind the fault you're experiencing is most likely different.

That being said, if you are able to try with another router and the issue still persists or if you are unable to try another router at all, please let us know so we can continue the investigation of this issue further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Ghanchi2000
Hooked

Thank you for replying .The engineer did not say router is at fault it was a discussion I had with [CSA Removed] at Customer Services  that lead to that conclusion and it was me who suggested it. The engineer did not test router just line at master socket with router disconnected and left within 15 mins. Did not connect to see what router was doing.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Ghanchi2000
Hooked

Just received a txt message to book another engineers visit ?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Ghanchi2000,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can see the connection is still dropping, and as the cause of the issue could not be located another engineer visit would be needed. I believe my colleague wanted to rule out the router as the cause as this was determined by the engineer, therefore if you are able to do so before we arrange the visit, it would help us rule it out as the cause.

However if this is not possible we can still go ahead with the visit and would require you to update the ticket with your availability, letting us know here when you have done so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Ghanchi2000
Hooked

I have not been able to get hold of a router go ahead with visit please. I received a text asking for time I hav replied bet 8am and 1pm but as soon as the Internet dropping connection is driving me mad 

thank you 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ghanchi200,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for confirming your availability for the engineer visit. I've booked this in for you now and have sent you a text to confirm the date. Our faults team will be in touch after the visit to check how you're getting on.

Regards,
Emily

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team