Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps disconnecting

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Router keeps disconnecting

As your speed is considerably below your speed estimates of 65mbps (Or 40mbps for your package) the next step would be to raise a broadband fault with our suppliers and likely book an engineer visit to further investigate.

Can you start the process by reporting a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net?

Let us know when you've done that and we'll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kentmonkey
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

All done. Ironically as I was logging the fault...the connection dropped.

I had the choice of choosing intermittent connection or slow speeds. I chose the former, even though it's actually the latter as well. I could (sort of) live with the latter though, as 10mb isn't terrible for us, it's the connection dropping that is causing issue.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've recently resolved constant disconnections by connecting my old BTOR modem, by-passing the HubOne modem and connecting to the WAN port. The disconnections stopped immediately and I've now been connected for over a week whereas previously I was averaging just a few hours at a time. I have no idea why it worked, just know that it did Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

All done. Ironically as I was logging the fault...the connection dropped.

As you go through the troubleshooter it tests your line, so it's likely the line test which caused the drop.

I'm glad to hear you've found a way to fix this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kentmonkey
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

When I made the above post, nothing had been fixed. In fact I lost internet four times, totalling about 3 hours downtime, on Monday night, and it was only up for about 10 mins during that time.

I ended up callong Plus Net and they did a line test - they immediately found an external fault on my line. So not sure why the previous tests weren't showing anything. Openreach came out to the panel yesterday, we assume to fix this fault, as we saw them at the panel just down from our house, and thus far it appears to be stable. I'm going to reset the route tonight to see if it syncs at a quicker speed than it has previously, but hopefully now we're resolved. But it took the phone call to get there.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Hopefully it's resolved now. Let us know if further problems do develop.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet