cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is working but can't get connection

Ema
Hooked

Router is working but can't get connection

I'm a new customer and my broadband went live yesterday although I didn't receive any confirmation updates from plusnet. Every time I try to connect any device to the wifi it takes me to the hub page, it says I'm connected there and I can see my phone listed but I can't get a stable connection for more than a second.. I've tried to change the setup@ but to my username and changed the password to my login password but then it won't connect at all so have to use the reset. What am I doing wrong?
13 REPLIES 13
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Router is working but can't get connection

Can you try the following. Change the username to: yourusername@plusdsl.net and the password to your current password, substituting your username for your plus net username.
Ema
Hooked

Thank you for the reply.. I tried this step earlier and then it just wouldn't connect at all, it's changed the password ok but if I try the change username the connect button becomes useless.
Ema
Hooked

I changed the username and password for the internet to my username (in place of setup) but hasn't done much apart from turning the router orange again.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Are you sure your order was completed?

I believe if it's still open it'll show up if you put your number in here

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

You could also try logging into PlusNet and see if your Members page says anything.

Brian

Ema
Hooked

I've just tried that link, thanks. I can't say I understand any of it really but I did notice it says that there's an open order and is due to complete on the 12th October. We were told on the phone that it'd be live and good to go by midnight last night. I'm wondering if they've delayed that, we had to have an engineer come out as they originally messed up our phone line when we moved into our new flat and gave it to someone else by mistake.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

An engineer is required to do some work at the cabinet so it might well have been delayed due to availability. The change can happen any time during the day.

The rest of the page basically tells you what products are available and what speeds you should get. If you have a "clean" line (Range A) then you should get between 39.8 & 53.3 downloads (depending on which package you chose).

Brian

Ema
Hooked

The engineer has already been out a few days ago and completed the work at the cabinet to correct a cross line issue, he said he'd signed off the work at his end and all that was required now was for plusnet to switch in the broadband. I just tried to do an online chat with with PN, got to an advisor called Tom and then it all crashed out on me, now it won't let me reconnect to use the chat feature.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Probably best to raise a fault - at faults.plus.net

Just send the link to this thead, which will save you typing out the detail again.

A member of staff may pick this up from here, but I guess being a Sunday it might take until Monday.

Ema
Hooked

I've tried to message them on Facebook and will link them to this thread there. It's certainly looking like there is a fault somewhere, thank you four help and suggestions, much appreciated.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Give them a nudge on Monday if you don't hear anything.
I assume they don't have so many staff on today.

You could also try PM'ing a Superuser who can escalate faults.

Hopefully it'll be something minor and you'll be up and running soon.

Ema
Hooked

I'm on the phone to them now, they said straight away that there's an issue flagged and it should have all been completed by the 3rd and the problem was completely at their end and someone will call me back tomorrow morning to sort it all out, fingers crossed! I work from home on monday evenings and losing out on hours without wifi. Thanks again all 👍🏻
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Alex wrote:

You could also try PM'ing a Superuser who can escalate faults.

We can, but it's more difficult over the weekend. Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes i have noticed support is a Bit sparse over the weekend , soon it will be only 5 days a week Angry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .