cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is blue, but so am I, the Broadband's connected but the internet's died

DandF

Router is blue, but so am I, the Broadband's connected but the internet's died

Hello, need urgent help connecting my router up. Yesterday we had a lovely chap come to set up our router as we moved house. Today we can connect to WiFi with excellent signal strength but there is no internet. On the service page it is showing setup@plusnetdsl.net.

Can anyone help me get this up and running? We live in a small village and I have no mobile data left (leeching off my husband's currently) and we both work from home.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Router is blue, but so am I, the Broadband's connected but the internet's died

@DandF Welcome to the forums. Providing you have had confirmation from Plusnet that your account setup is complete, follow the instructions below. If you haven't had such confirmation, wait for it - THEN follow them.

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the Home page under My Services you will see the current Broadband Username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it has not been configured by PlusNet authorisation systems.

First try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and hold the switch closed for at least 20 seconds, the LED should turn green and then release

Leave the Hub  for around 10 minutes and check Home page for correct Broadband Username <your username>@plusdsl.net

If it still shows setup@plusdsl.net follow these steps.

Navigate from the Home page to >Advanced settings (you will be required to enter the Hub One admin password this found on bottom of the Hub or card with WiFi password).
Click on Continue to Advanced Settings then >Broadband >Internet

This page details your broadband Internet Connection Configuration.

Click on disconnect, if this does not work it may be necessary to remove the DSL cable.
Enter your correct username <your username>@plusdsl.net and password.
Plug in DSL cable (if removed) and click on Connect
Check your Hub One has logged on to the correct Broadband Username

John
DandF

Re: Router is blue, but so am I, the Broadband's connected but the internet's died

Thank you John, we've tried all this with no avail, I can see others have had similar problems. Is our next step contacting Plusnet so someone can manually update our connection?
jab1
Legend

Have you actually been advised that your connection is live on the Plusnet systems? If you have, then yes, you will need to contact PN.

There is a chance one of the Help Team will spot this topic and assist, but it may be quicker to ring in.

John
DandF

We got a text, yes - thankfully it's only 2mins til the plusnet helpline is open so will be calling.

It's so frustrating as we were supposed to have it done on 18th Feb (Storm Eunice!) and it's cost a fortune in mobile data!
DandF

For anyone Googling who may stumble across this, Plusnet have informed me we have a 'broken account' which requires transferring to a new account, so we must wait 10 working days until we can get internet.

For reference, we were due to receive a connection on 18th Feb 2022, an Openreach van came out yesterday (7th March 2022), and now we may need to wait until 22nd March to be connected... No idea why we weren't informed our account was broken or how an account can even break.

This has cost a fortune in mobile data as I have no office to work out of. Very annoyed!
jab1
Legend

@DandF Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately it is happening with increased frequency - PN's accounts system is essentially 'not fit for purpose'.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @DandF,

I'm really sorry for the experience you have had and for the ongoing inconvenience this is causing.

I can assure you that our team will get this resolved and if you do need any further help in the meantime, please get back to me.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team