Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router is Dead

FIXED
grmacbean
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Router is Dead

How can I, a deaf person, get hold of PLus.net to get a replacement router??  All lines are down and I cannot get through on phone via wife etc nor do they respond to twitter. 

Been a customer for over 15 years and now I'm heading to frustration!

7 REPLIES 7
grmacbean
Hooked

Re: Router is Dead

Buying one through Amazon is quicker. I'm not getting anywhere.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

The router supplied by Plusnet is not very good. You would be better off getting a BT smarthub, widely available on a popular auction site for £15 to £20.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
grmacbean
Hooked

that may be the case, but why can I not get through to Plus.net support?

I've been trying for sometime now and being deaf, I cannot use a phone. I've been a customer for as long as they have been as ISP provider. 

Sorry, I'm just venting, I'm an IT Support member for a large charity and they are dependent on me being online to get them stable and working.  

Hey ho, at least I can connect to my neighbours VM connection on Fibre as they are away and gave me their credentials.

grmacbean
Hooked

Fix

BTW, got a router from Argos to get online as Amazon was Monday delivery earliest. Sorted now.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @grmacbean,

I'm very sorry that your router isn't working at the moment and for the delay in getting back to you on here. Unfortunately, we are extremely busy at the moment and though we are prioritising responding to vulnerable customers we are still unable to pick up and respond to these posts as quickly as we would like. Thank you for confirming that you have purchased a new router, you will need the following details to configure your new router to work on your connection once it has arrived. You will need to consult your manufacturer or your manual to gain access to your router and find the necessary pages :

Encapsulation Type:PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)
Username: your account username@plusdsl.net
Password: Your account password

Multiplexing Method:</b> VC-MUX
VPI:</b> 0
VCI:</b> 38

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
grmacbean
Hooked

Thanks. I got sorted with a new routers as mentioned. Thanks for the info above good to double check I got things right.

I do understand you are under pressure, but so have no avenues of contact for people with disabilities is quite disappointing.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@grmacbean wrote:

I do understand you are under pressure, but so have no avenues of contact for people with disabilities is quite disappointing.

Maybe abandoning self-raising of tickets and Live Chat wasn't such a great idea, eh Plusnet?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)