cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router hasn't arrived and service was supposed to start yesterday - I need a connection to work

nicholasshaw4

Router hasn't arrived and service was supposed to start yesterday - I need a connection to work

Hello,

as titled really, my service was supposed to start yesterday (as confirmed by an agent at the time of my original order), I've heard little to nothing from plusnet other than automated emails.  Based on these, my router should have arrived days ago (no we haven't missed deliveries.)

Where is my router?  Why have I still not received it a day after my service was supposed to start?

Can I find out the status of the actual line?  I assume it'd be possible to use another router?

*UPDATE*
Waited for 30minutes to speak to an advisor, essentially they told me I'm not yet connected and they've no idea when I'm supposed to be connected.  But I should call back at 9am when another team are in that should be able to tell me more (no they cannot call me apparently.)  Probably another 30minutes of waiting...great start to the broadband experience with Plusnet..

3 REPLIES 3
nicholasshaw4

Re: Router hasn't arrived and service was supposed to start yesterday - I need a connection to work

Another update

30minutes waiting again.  Apparently my old ISP ceased the line which is the root of the issue, however, it sounds like this happened a while ago and I was never contacted about it or any impact to dates as a result.  Absolutely furious about this, been told it'll take 5 working days, why the hell wasn't any action taken earlier if there's a problem?  Why wait for me to complain?

As a new customer this is the worst ISP experience I have ever had.

nicholasshaw4

Re: Router hasn't arrived and service was supposed to start yesterday - I need a connection to work

Do Plusnet staff actually attempt to help here?  Raised a complaint with no response yet, my case is still open, awaiting a response since Thursday.  Is this the level of service I can expect from Plusnet?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@nicholasshaw4 

As a result of the current crisis both Plusnet and Openreach are short staffed. It’s a very frustrating time to be changing ISP!

A good source of information is available by putting your phone number in here. Read through and look for an open order and a completion date.   https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'