cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router has blue light, wireless networks disappear from available networks every few hours

wakefield25
Hooked

Router has blue light, wireless networks disappear from available networks every few hours

Hi,

Can anyone help? We've been having problems with WiFi dropping out for about 2 months.

Last time I was on here the advice was to separate out 2.4GHz and 5Ghz into 2 networks and connect to 5Ghz.

Unfortunately same problem persists having done this. Every few hours the WiFi cuts out and both networks disappear from the list of available networks on *all* devices *everywhere* in the house, even holding my phone right next to the router. The router has a blue light throughout. Only resolution is restarting the router.

I have used a WiFi analyser tool and only one neighbour has a 5GHz network. At the furthest point in my house, my 5GHz network has a signal strength of 67% and theirs is on 22% - and a different channel. See attached. So I don't think we can blame factors such as way house is constructed or whatever.

Is this a faulty router? I'm not up for getting a secondhand BT router on eBay, I'm not a techie.

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Router has blue light, wireless networks disappear from available networks every few hours

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems on Wi-Fi @wakefield25.

I'm struggling to locate your account based off of information on your forum profile, could you drop me a PM with your username please.

Do you experience the same problems if you only connect the devices to the 2.4Ghz frequency as opposed to 5Ghz?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wakefield25
Hooked

Re: Router has blue light, wireless networks disappear from available networks every few hours

Hi Harry - just sent you a PM. Yes problem was definitely occurring with 2.4 Ghz too. Thanks!