cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router flashing orange

Rudder5

Router flashing orange

Hello. Any help here would be greatly received, as I’m not sure I can handle sitting on hold for 40 minutes for the 6th day in a row.

We have moved house, taking our Plusnet fibre account with us. Since connecting it up, we have consistently had a flashing orange light, I have been though all the checks with the support team, a BT openreach engineer has been out and confirmed the line is fine, plusnet has sent me a new router, which I have connected up this evening, and it’s behaving the same, flashing orange. Any advice? Or is it time for me too look for a new fibre provider? Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
bluewhale
Rising Star

Re: Router flashing orange

what is the log saying?

have you set it up in the right way, ie direct to phone line or via openreach modem?

Rudder5

I believe its setup correctly, I can only go by the guidance I get from plusnet support, I have been a plusnet customer a few years now and have never had an issue setting up the routers in the past.

I have connected it up correctly, to the ADSL port on openreach socket, we have also tested with a microfilter to the "phone" port and the test port inside the socket.

I have just been on with support again and they are going to send another BT engineer. I will have a look at the logs when I get in tonight and update this thread.

Cheers

bluewhale
Rising Star

hi,

sorry wasn't trying to be patronising, i've learnt best starting with the basics first

so something to try next is connecting the hub one directly to the socket

it has it's own vdsl modem in it and so should work with the your FTTC

btw what are the lights on the modem itself doing?