cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dropping connection throughout the day

gavmax

Router dropping connection throughout the day

Dear PlusNet,

Over the past few weeks my fibre broadband connection has been dropping out intermittently. It can be okay for a few days then will drop every few minutes (like today). The router loses connection and goes through the cycle orange flashing, solid orange/broadband logo, returns to blue.

I’ve factory reset, checked the cables. I haven’t checked the dial tone yet as I don’t have a phone to plug in (will get hold of one though).

Would it be possible to check my connection for faults?
Please find event log attached.

Many thanks
Gav

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Router dropping connection throughout the day

Hi @gavmax

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a high resistance fault somewhere, I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment with you to investigate further.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

For future reference though you don't need to now, you can report a fault to us by text through the following the steps Here and in a lot of cases, we'll arrange an engineer automatically, if a line test shows a problem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet