cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router droped off and won't Sync - thoughts?

kilauea72
Hooked

Router droped off and won't Sync - thoughts?

No internet for last 24 hours now, work from home (since before it became popular!) so this is going to be big issue on Monday and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

My BT Home hub dropped offline yesterday morning. Worked fine and then the connection dropped. Now I've just got the purple flashing light. Logged a ticket, heard nothing back all day so called support at 4.30ish, they did some tests and concluded no line faults (I have a ring tone and line sounds clear) but router wouldn't sync. It's been passed "to the right team" but been no update since. 

There is Gas works not far from there who have the road up. And another house on our block has also lost their connection (to Sky). But the adjacent houses are fine, so I wouldn't have thought they've cut through fibre? I have ordered a new router which should arrive today, but as it was working fine until the line dropped, I'm sceptical that's the issue. I changed the splitter and cable and we tried the test socket to no avail. 

Anyone been in similar boat and what was the problem in the end?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Router droped off and won't Sync - thoughts?

@kilauea72 

Have you tried a factory reset by pushing a paperclip pr similar in the reset hole and keeping the switch closed for at least 20 seconds? If it's a BT Hub and not a Plusnet one then you will have to set it up again from scatch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kilauea72
Hooked

I did it via the UI and just tried again with the paperclip method, still same. The logs don't really tell me much on this, but I would have thought it would show some attempt to connect and fail, but there is nothing in the logs relating to PPP or WAN. Manually telling it to connect via advanced settings/broadband it says connecting for a few seconds and then nothing.

kilauea72
Hooked

New router arrived today, same result, it doesn't see any dsl service on the line. It's been referred to Open Reach to look at. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution...