cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router disconnecting everyday

FIXED
Lexi-7

Router disconnecting everyday

I joined plusnet almost a year ago and everyday at the same time it disconnects and I have to log in again, it's the exact problem another used had here;
https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Router-Disconnecting-at-the-Same-Time-Everyday/td-p/15...
I did call up a few weeks after setup and after running some tests the people I spoke to said they couldn't find anything wrong. I left it but now I'm loosing my patience and its becoming more irritating.
14 REPLIES 14
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Router disconnecting everyday

@Lexi-7 

Are you using a PlusNet router? 

You say you have to "log in" where to? 

Kind Regards,

CJT
Lexi-7

Yes I have a plusnet router, a hub one and I have to log on on the router configuration page, http://192.168.1.254/ as per initial setup
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Gandalf or one of their colleagues maybe able to help.

Kind Regards,

CJT
Lexi-7

🤞 I hope so
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @Lexi-7 

I've carried out some maintenance on our side, the same steps from the linked thread. Could you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds and let us know if you're still having issues after?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lexi-7

Sorry for the delay in replying, I wanted to wait 24 hours to make sure it worked. Thank you so much it does look like it is all fixed.
Riverside
Grafter

Hi

I'm currently experiencing very similar issues to what Lexi-7 describes except I'm not being prompted to sign again each time. I'm just losing my broadband connection. It has happened once before a month ago and seemed to sort itself out. However on Friday and today the router is constantly dropping out, orange light, B etc and then struggling to re-connect.

I thought this may be down to my work laptop VPN connection (as it does not seem to happen evenings or weekends) but the router has been dropping out today when the laptop is off and no VPN connection running.

Could someone have a look into this and advise please?

Riverside
Grafter

Additional: the same thing is happening today. Having experienced no issues yesterday evening, the connection has dropped on 4 occasions so far today (9:39, 9:53, 10:32 & 11:03). It seems like the Hub is just resetting itself and takes 2-3 mins to re-establish the connection on each occasion.

I've restarted the Hub but this has not fixed the issue so i'm at a bit of a loss. Can anyone help please?

Riverside
Grafter

Just to wrap this up:

Help assistant response 11/8/20: "A potential issue has been detected affecting a number of customers in your area. This has now been flagged to our supplier and as soon as I hear back from them I will update you via text."

Happy to advise that the issue has not occured since. Thanks for the help. 👍

blythmags

Since the commencement of my Plusnet contract, I am also experiencing intermittent loss of broadband connectivity...... flashing orange router light and “B” error. I’ve had the Openreach engineer out , a new wall socket, a new router and underwent numerous test, including router reset etc, etc., yet it still intermittently loses connectivity, and eventually seems to reset itself and I gain broadband connectivity back again. Highly annoying, and I’m awaiting yet another call from Plusnet. I’ve only been with this lot for six weeks and I’m not best pleased !!!

alijb

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. We lose connection around 7pm every evening. We've also had an Open Reach engineer out to check our line and replace the main socket but they couldn't detect a problem, so it sounds like it's your side at Plusnet (based on all the other comments and threads). 

Please help @Gandalf , it's driving my family insane!

A

blythmags

Hi.... when you say its "my side", what do you mean ?. I think its a problem with Plusnet on their side, as the Openreach engneer has changed the box in my house, I've been given a new router, and all the tests are showing that there isnt a fault, yet Plusnet has agreed that their examinations have show that I am losing connectivity from time to time..... can't understand whats happening......

alijb

I meant that to reply to Gandalf not you, sorry. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hey up @alijb If you haven't already done so, I would first advise having a run through our troubleshooting steps here:  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and getting your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the issues then persist, please log a fault here with us: https://faults.plus.net and if you let us know once done, we can investigate further.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team