cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router delivery

uther
Dabbler

Router delivery

Hi, I am due to have fibre installed on Monday, but looking at my account the router has not been posted yet! Do plusnet always cut it this fine with router delivery? Not going to be impressed if the BT guy turns up with a modem and I have no router, and therefore no internet.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Router delivery

Hi uther,
Sorry for any alarm caused, I can see that you have spoken to one of our support team today and your router has been ordered.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
MartyPop
Rising Star

Quote from: uther
Do plusnet always cut it this fine with router delivery?

I had fibre installed on Wednesday and the router arrived on Tuesday, so I would say yes, they do cut it a bit fine.
Having had a look at all my tickets, it was actually despatched last Friday.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi MartyPop
In regards to the router being dispatched, this is usually done through automation when your order is placed.
The reason why they are delivered close to the install date is due to issues we used to encounter several years ago. Basically, we would send the routers out straight away, but as soon as the customer received the router they would install it, even if their broadband order had not yet completed.
This could then have an adverse affect on the TR069 settings in the router
As such, we made the decision to try and deliver the router as close as possible to when the services were scheduled to activate
Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused
Regards
Matt
uther
Dabbler

I got a phone text yesterday saying the router is in the post, but its still showing as 'hardware despatch pending' in my account, so will have to see if it turns up.