cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router connection

kevincarb
Dabbler

Router connection

I am having problems with google chromecast since i had Tfibre installed, it wont connect to my wifi network.
I have just tried to log in to the router via 192.168.1.254 but the CP router password on the router doesn't work.
Help!
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Router connection

Hi there,
Are you entering the username as 'admin' and the serial number all in CAPS?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kevincarb
Dabbler

of course!
kevincarb
Dabbler

hi any news
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Factory reset ?Huh
Ian
kevincarb
Dabbler

can anyone help on this, I cant access the router, chromecast wont pick up wifi and i'm stick on next steps, was wondering if the frequency has changed from 2.5 (non fibre ) to 5 (fibre) which could be causing an issue?
JHewess
Grafter

You shouldn't need to access your router to get the Chromecast working. I'm assuming you have the app on your phone? Can it 'see' the chromecast? Use the app to set up the Chromecast, choose the correct WiFi network for it to connect to, and enter your routers WiFi password which will be on the card supplied with the router (unless you've changed it). This password will be different to the one used to log in to the router. The plusnet router only has 2.4ghz wifi.
Edit
Also before the Chromecast is assigned to a WiFi network, it will show up on WiFi network lists as if it's a WiFi access point. This may give a clue as to whether or not the Chromecast is functioning properly. If not, reboot or reset it.