cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router asking for new login 5:20pm every day!

Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Router asking for new login 5:20pm every day!

Really annoying, I've been with PlusNet for over 2 years and it's worked 24x7x365 but for the last few months the router disconnects at 5:20pm exactly every day and requires a two step login. This leaves the family without internet until I can get home to sort it.

Router: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217 | Last updated Unknown

Service: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Also, when my contract ended you raised my price to £40 per month, while you currently sell it for £32.99, and claiming you don't raise prices!

You're really making me want to leave. What's going on?

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Router asking for new login 5:20pm every day!

Hello @Doglet,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your connection. I have checked your connection and their is nothing showing this side that could cause that issue.

Is there anything within your home environment that could be turning on at that time which could be causing electronic interference such as heating etc.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Doglet
Grafter

Right the problem seems to be created when they make you a new account, probably when my contract ended, and they decided to stiff me for £40pm.

OldJim (RIP) suggested loging into my Plusnet account and going to:

https://portal.plus.net/automatic_hardware_setup/index.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Automatic Router Setup is currently enabled, so that when you plug in your new broadband hardware (supplied by us), it will automatically be setup to use your broadband account.

Want to handle setup yourself? Just click 'Disable Auto Setup' and set up your router manually.

[Disable Auto Setup] <- TURN THIS OFF

How Automatic Hardware Setup works

This clever bit of automation is possible thanks to a system called TR69."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: To anyone doing this I had problems logging back in so don't do it when your family's using the Internet LOL.

The Broadband Username got changed to  "setup@plusdsl.net" so you need to enter your details

Broadband Username: YourPlusnetUsername@plusdsl.net

Broadband Password: YourPlusnetPassword

However I kept getting timed out before I could enter my details with:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sessions Number
No more than 100 sessions at a time are allowed. Please wait until open sessions expire."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed a device called COM-MID1 in my router list and upon investigation learned it was a Smart TV.

Dumb more like, didn't give itself a logical name, and spammed the router login page it seems.

Anyway turned all the TVs off and could then setup my Plusnet login credentials.

Hopefully this solves the problem of it asking for a login every day! Will let you know after 5:20pm tomorrow LOL.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Doglet 

Router: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217 | Last updated Unknown

This is likely because your router isn't communicating with the hardware management platform correctly. I've given the router component a kick on this side, if you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds you should see the firmware update within 24-48 hours.

What I've done will also unfortunately re-enable the automatic hardware setup you've disabled, however I believe that this should also resolve the issue you're experiencing with your router dropping the connection everyday.

Also, when my contract ended you raised my price to £40 per month, while you currently sell it for £32.99

When you agree a contract term with us, we advise on how much your service will cost after that comes to an end. 

and claiming you don't raise prices!

Fixed price contracts came into effect as of September 2018. As 12 months have not passed yet and our contract terms are normally a minimum of 12 months, I'm afraid there's no way you could've been on a fixed price contract.

However, any contracts you agree moving forward will be fixed price and we will send an email before it expires to remind you to renew before the price increases.

If you want to discuss a new deal I'd recommend contacting our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Doglet
Grafter

It works!

No shutdown and re-login at 5:20pm

The COM-MID1 device stopping me from logging in may have been an Amazon Prime Stick rather than a TV.

I definitely completed my 18 month contract, and this happened after getting bumped onto a £40pm tariff, so you might want to look into what is happening when someone is put on a new account, when they already have an account, and why it causes repeated authentications every day Plusnet!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

you might want to look into what is happening when someone is put on a new account, when they already have an account

I'm struggling to find a 2nd account, please can you PM me the username of the new account you're referring to?

and why it causes repeated authentications every day Plusnet!

As per my previous response, this is the cause:

This is likely because your router isn't communicating with the hardware management platform correctly

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet